Interim CFO Tim Powers presented and explained theMay 2020 financials, including: gross patient revenue; contractual allowances and bad debt; operating revenue; operating expenses; non-operating revenue; net income; and, AR and days cash on hand. CFO Powers said Cerner is discontinuing their use of the Trust coding service, but the hospital can now contract directly with Trust at significantly reduced coding rates. REV Works plans to move to R1, but the entire REV Works team should be intact, so nothing should be lost. CFO Powers explained the Long Term Care revenue cycle process and noted that Medicaid and the self-pay portions run smoothly, but there is difficulty with Medicare because they require everything to be placed on one claim. As of today, the billing for every month is complete with the exception of February, which should be fixed tomorrow. When June is billed, everything will be up to date. CFO Powers thanked everyone who worked to fix the process.
Business Items-Other Reports
1. Hospital Administration/ Nevada Public Agency Insurance Pool (POOL) liability insurance program / Public Agency Compensation Trust (PACT) Workers Compensation insurance program / renewal proposals and premium payment from fiscal year 2020-2021 funds / POOL-PACT--A&H Insurance - Scott Rottman and Marianne Dente with A&H Insurance thanked the hospital for its continued support. Dente explained that last year the maintenance deductible was increased to $25,000, which saved $33,000. She outlined the coverages for earthquake and flood; ordinances and law; liability through LiCON; Cyber events; and environmental events. This year’s premium is $189,094.31, a decrease of 26.23%, which is due to an update of the total insured values from the appraisals. Trustees unanimously approved the insurance proposal in the amount of $189,094.31.
2. Hospital Administration-Maintenance / proposal topurchase of chiller compressor replacement from RHP Mechanical Systems for the sum of $13,676 / COO-Administration - Trustees unanimously approved the purchase of the chiller compressor replacement in the amount of $13, 676.
3. Hospital Administration-IT / proposal to purchase 15 Verkada security-surveillance cameras, software, mounting equipment and five-year service agreement from CDW Government for the estimated sum of $22,500+/ IT Director-Administration - Trustees unanimously approved the purchase as presented in the amount of $22,500.
4. Hospital Administration-EMS / proposal to purchase a previously owned 2017 Ford Explorer SUV from Hincklease for the sum of $18,000 and to paint the vehicle and update-repair the vehicle emergency services equipment for the estimated sum of $4,000 / EMS Director - Administration - Board members approved the purchase of the used 2017 Ford Explorer, including paint and equip, for a total of $22,000.
5. Hospital Administration-EMS / determination that six Delta units and one Medic 5 unit from the EMS fleet are no longer required for public use and authorization to sell or dispose of such equipment in any manner, including public auction or donation/ EMS Director-Administration - Interim EMS Director Kohler advised that these are the vehicles that were used for Burning Man and since services are no longer being provided for Burning Man, there is no use for the units by the department. Trustees unanimously approved the motion as presented.
6. District Administration / proposal to approve Board of Trustees Bylaws / Board of Trustees - Board Chairman Casalez indicated that Board Secretuary Miller (who is absent) is in favor of approving the Board of Trustees Bylaws. The bylaws were unanimously approved as presented.
7. District Administration / terms and conditions of employment and employment agreement with Tim Powers to provide administrator-chief executive officer services / Board of Trustees - Board Chairman Casalez stated she received a signed letter of intent (LOI). Board members approved the terms and conditions of the proposed employment agreement as presented.
Trustee Ken Tipton welcomed Tim Powers.
Trustee Gene Hunt thanked the staff for their work.
Trustee Bill Hammargren welcomed Tim Powers and thanked Interim CEO Karen Cole for her assistance with the organization.
Trustee Alicia Cramer welcomed Tim Powers and thank staff for taking on the challenges in Long Term Care.
Board Chairman JoAnn Casalez passed around a thank you note for the drug free graduation and a thank you card from a patient who received prompt medical care. Chairman Casalez thanked staff for their work in Long Term Care and welcomed Tim Powers. Chairman Casalez said she appreciated Interim CEO Cole and the work she has done. Chairman Casalez thanked EMS for providing the Honor Guard for Matt Morgan