1. Who is the artist? The Doors.
2. What is the name of the song? The Unknown Soldier.
3. When was it recorded/released? It was recorded in January 1968 and released in March 1968.
4. What other famous songs do they sing? Light My Fire.
5. What do you think the lyrics of the song mean?
Wait until the war is over and we're both a little older, the unknown soldier These lyrics are about how many American families were waiting for their soldiers to return from the war and continue on with their lives.
Breakfast where the news is read, television children fed, unborn living, living, dead, bullet strikes the helmet's head These lyrics are about how news about the war were being broadcasted on television in the homes of millions of Americans. They also are about how some Americans were living ordinary lives at the same time that others were being killed at war.
6. How do the lyrics relate to or reflect the time period? The song was released while the war in Vietnam was occurring and television was how most Americans learned about what was happening in the war.
7. What is taking place in history when the song was recorded or popular? The Vietnam War.
8. What was the overall inspiration and message of the lyrics of the song? The inspiration behind the song was Jim Morrison's reaction to the Vietnam War and how it was portrayed in American media.