weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. NWEA Testing Window: Students will continue work on this assessment throughout the next two weeks.
2. MIS Robotics Team: Good luck to our Maxwell Robotics team as they travel to Indian Creek Elementary School in Lawrence Township for the VEX IQ Next Level robotics competition. They will be competing with 30 other teams from around Indiana in the areas of design, robot performance, and programming.
3. Kid's Talk Parent Meeting: This meeting will be held in the JBS library on December 17th from 7-8pm. This will be an opportunity for parents to listen to a brief presentation from Julie Coon and ask questions about the Kids Talk program for grades K-6.
4. Breakfast & 2 Hour Delays: In the event of a 2 hour delay this year, breakfast will not be served on these days. This is due to the fact that upon student arrival our lunch staff will already be in the process of prepping lunch.
5. Hat, Mitten and Glove Tree: We are welcoming donations of hats, mittens and gloves to decorate our office tree. All donated items will benefit children/students in need of such items.
6. Rally for Riley: We are excited to announce that we raised over $1500 for the cause. This is our largest donation to Riley from this event ever. We appreciate your generous support.
7. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
8. PTO News: PTO is looking for parents and volunteers. They do so much for our school, and we would love to see you join us in any way you can. The next PTO meeting will be Thursday, December 13th from 2:30-3:15 in the library. If you have any questions, please contact the office for more information. We would love for you to join us!
9. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"Mrs. Blasdel, thank you for always helping my daughter do her best."
"We just wanted to share how incredibly thankful we are for Mrs. Smith. She is always so kind and thoughtful in all that she does. We particularly appreciate all that she does to organize and communicate for the robotics team. She really has a heart for kids."
10. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Kayden N., Chaille F., Adalyn C., Callista B., Paige S., Journie S., and Jacob O.
11. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring
12. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
13. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
December 13th: PTO Meeting (2:30pm - Library)
December 17th: Kid's Talk Parent Meeting (7:00pm - JBS Library)
December 20th: Math Bowl Try-Outs
December 24th-January 2nd: Winter Break
January 7th: School Resumes
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY