Bottom Line Up Front
Home Depot Inc. must seek to expand outside of the US market in order to improve the core competencies to match the critical home improvement industry success factors.
- Home Improvement Industry
- World’s largest brick-and-mortar home improvement retailer
- NAICS code: 444110 - Home Centers
- Purchase from manufacturers and wholesalers & sells to the customers
Supply Chain Factors
- Per capita disposable income
- Private spending income for home improvements
- Housing starts
- Number of households
- Home Depot Inc
- Lowe's Companies Inc
- Menard Inc
What are the internal and external factors that affect the company currently for future growth?
Culture and Social
Kotter's Change model : How will this affect the company's core competencies?
- How this method benefits Home Depot Inc.
- Removing Barriers: Factors involved with emerging globally
- The core competencies are unique
TO IMPROVE IS TO CHANGE; TO BE PERFECT IS TO CHANGE OFTEN." -WINSTON CHURCHILL
"Where there is no vision, the people will perish." - Proverbs 29:18
Vision leads change into successful business outcomes
Globalization can be risky, yet is a strong opportunity for Home Depot Inc.