Ever noticed that one day you find yourself dialed into God's word, kicking off the day in scripture; and the next, well, not so much?
Launch | Learn | Lead is designed to meet you there.
There are ebbs and flows in every week. Launch | Learn | Lead is not only created to meet you in different seasons of spiritual growth, but also to insert grace in each day.
Think of each category not as steps to move up, but as cups to fill up. Aim to fill all three each week. But when the day comes you land only on LAUNCH, praise God for meeting you there!
LAUNCH includes quick but thoughtful ways to incorporate regular rhythms into your life.
LEARN employs a piece of scripture that extends from the Sunday sermon. Read it and journal the weekly question.
LEAD is for times and seasons when you are leading others in Christ or looking to do so.
LAUNCH | LEARN | LEAD
Think back to the last time you were not ready when the moment came:
- What feelings did you experience? (frustration, panic, sadness, remorse, etc)
- Did you resolve to do it differently if you'd had "a chance to do it all again"?
- Now knowing what is expected, what actions could you take today so you would be ready and alert regardless of when the time comes again?
To learn more about how to be prepared to seize an opportunity, regardless of when it arises, read Ephesians 6:10-18.
“…and stay alert with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints.”
C O N N E C T
A ready bride understands what is expected based on their faithful relationship with Jesus. How can I position my life daily to be ready and alert to seize any opportunity that arises and meet these expectations?
J O U R N A L
When I meet needs that arise from looking around and seizing opportunities, I become a ‘supernatural vessel’ for God. How would my life and the lives of those around me be different if being ready and alert to serve as a ‘supernatural vessel’ was my daily intention?
Prepare for opportunities to have a conversation with others through the following questions.
- How do I order and orient my life daily to look for doors opening to meet needs?
- What do I need to start doing and/or give up in order to ensure that I am alert and ready to meet these needs?
- How do we as a small group ensure that each other are alert and ready before the groom returns?
- How can we as a group become a supernatural vessel to those in our community?
HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE
Each week we'll link the text we are discussing for easy access. Look for these black scripture boxes. ↓
🧾 = Questions about the Bible text.
🗣 = Questions to encourage group feedback.
💭 = Questions that initiate personal reflection follow by group discussion.
Read this week's text aloud.
GROUP TOPIC: The Delay
🗣 What was memorable to you about this week's sermon?
🧾 When you read v. 11 - 13 what sort of reaction does it stir up in you?
GROUP TOPIC: Opportunities in the Delay
🧾 When you read this text, is there someone specific that comes to mind? How do you personally relate to this text?
💭 Let's say you've been given some insider information and know the Jesus will return, for certain, on Saturday. What would you do differently if you knew that? Specifically consider?
- His Word -- How would the time in His word look different this week knowing He'd return on Saturday?
- Your Prayers -- How would you prayer life look differently? Would it be more intense? More frequent? Perhaps never ceasing?
- Your Confession -- What would you confess before the Lord knowing you where about to meet Him?
- Your Worship -- How would you worship? Would your physical worship change? How about the worship of your heart...would the urgency change the way you worship Jesus Christ?
GROUP TOPIC: People in the Delay
💭 Kevin talked about the idea of missing our lives on earth, and how that feeling shouldn't draw us to guilt, but rather consider it a foretaste of the unspeakable joy of heaven. What things / people do you think about missing here on earth when you consider heaven?
We need people in the delay who will help us see the opportunities OF the delay....
🗣 Is there anything happening in your life right now that you suspect is God presenting you an opportunity to be a vessel of His work? Share these with the group to allow them to speak into what they see might be opportunities in the delay.
Identify one thing that you already have planned this week. Maybe it's at work, at home, or a daily task. Now, tell the group how you intend to view that one thing as an opportunity in the delay, rather than just another task or appointment.
How is your faithfulness in pursuing a relationship with Jesus Christ this week?
How did you feed the Spirit this week? How did you feed your flesh this week?
Friends, the For Family, portion of the Prepare and Respond guide should be used in whatever way is most helpful for your family. Start today and spread it out over the week. Do the whole thing over dinner. Tackle a portion each morning before you head out to school and work. Make it a part of your regular rhythm.
FAMILY TOPIC: The Delay
Read Matthew 25:1-13 together.
Let's say you've been given some insider information and know the Jesus will return, for certain, on Saturday. What would you do differently if you knew that? Specifically consider?
- How would your time reading His Word look different?
- What about your prayers?
- What about your time with others?
- What about your church attendance?
Review your answers to the questions above and consider what you can do now to be “ready.”
Work together to identify at least one step that you can take in each category as a family.
Make a commitment to do these things in the upcoming weeks.