Nebo School District and Spanish Fork High School are committed to maintaining an educational environment in which all students are treated with respect and dignity. This includes ensuring that students are not subject to Harassment or Discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Please follow the new SFHS Administration Instagram account to see all the wonderful happenings at SFHS @sfhs_admin
- Nov 11 Veterans Day Assembly
- Nov 24 PC COMP DAY
- Nov 25-26 Thanksgiving Break
SFHS Internships: Junior and Senior internships for 2nd semester are available to students who would like to gain hands-on experience in a career field of interest. All internships take place during school hours and look great on a resume or college application. Internships are available in all career fields and could be just what you're looking for to gain valuable experience and gain valuable insights into a certain career field . Nebo has a very strong internship program with many business connections in the community. Students will be matched with a local business based on their career interests and their desired experience. Truly every student would benefit from participating in one or more student internships during their high school career! For more information and to print an application go to https://cte.nebo.edu/internships.
Congrats FFA: Spanish Fork FFA had the opportunity to go to National FFA Convention this past week. While there some of ours rudeness competed. Congratulations to Jesse Shepherd who was named National Champion in his agriscience fair division. He was also top 4 in the Animal Agriscience Proficiency award. Our livestock team also competed. Ellie Maughan received a silver ranking while Josh Bartold and Tate Sorensen received a bronze Congrats guys!!
HOBY: SOPHOMORES THIS IS FOR YOU. HOBY is a multi day Leadership Seminar where you gain a deeper sense of self-awareness, elevate your confidence, and receive inspiration and tools to give back to your communities through leadership and service. Registration is now open. Stop in the counseling office for more information.
You are invited to join us on Wednesday, November 3rd as we travel to college campuses throughout Utah. We have 4 different tours available to choose from, including BYU, Utah Valley University, Snow College, and University of Utah. Tour dates for other colleges are also available but must be scheduled individually by the student. See registration form for more information. To register for a tour bring your completed Tour Registration Form
into the counseling office.
Please Send Pictures to Annie Thompson @ email@example.com by November 10
CTE Scholarship Applications open November 1:
Utah high school seniors, now is the time to apply for a CTE Scholarship and Tuition Award. Last year, 293 high school seniors applied for a CTE Scholarship and Tuition Award, with 117 applicants receiving a college scholarship to a Utah public college or university, for up to one year’s tuition. Best candidates for this scholarship are: 1) Students seeking a one year certificate or two year associate or technical degree. 2) Students seeking to be a teacher in a CTE area (four year program). Go to UtahCTE.org
for more information!
The Infinite Campus App is the most effective tool for parents, students, and other community members to stay engaged and stay connected to critical school-related information anywhere and anytime from a mobile device. The easy-to-use design app allows you to see what is happening in the classroom so you can understand, monitor, and participate in the educational process. Campus Student and Campus Parent are designed to provide real-time access to student information.
Reminder of COVID-19 Nebo School District Guidelines:
Quarantine Guidelines for a non-household exposure to COVID-19:
- It is recommended that these exposed students/staff remain at home for up to 10 days, unless they: are immunized, or have had a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 90 days, or choose to wear a face mask at school for 10 days after the exposure.
- If non-symptomatic through day 7 they may test for COVID-19 and resume regular school attendance.
Quarantine Guidelines for a household exposure to COVID-19:
- It is recommended that these exposed students/staff remain at home for 10 days from the last exposure to the positive individual.
- Isolation Guidelines for a student who tested positive to COVID-19: you should stay isolated from other people for at least 10 days, starting the first day you exhibited symptoms, or if non-symptomatic 10 days from testing. After 10 days, you can come out of isolation if you have been fever-free for 24 hours, AND your symptoms have improved.
Attendance Office Number: 801-798-4070
- Detention Hours: Last year SFHS started calculating detention hours for students. For every tardy there will be 15 minutes added to students detention hours, 30 minutes for a late tardy, 60 minutes for an unexcused absence, and 90 minutes for a sluff. We are still encouraging students who are sick to stay home, but please call attendance at 801.798.4060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to excuse the absence. The detention report will be ran Friday afternoon so we encourage you to excuse your student before then. If students go above 3 hours of detention they will not be able to participate in extracurricular activities. If they are below 3 hours they do not need to serve detention. Students should serve detention with their teachers before or after school. Students can also serve detention during lunch in Mrs. Applegate's room (25).
- Please check your email weekly to get updates on your students detention hours. If you do not receive an email then your student currently has zero hours
* School Fees can be paid either online at MySchoolFees.com or by coming to the finance office Monday-Friday between 7:30am-3:00pm. (Fees for Secondary schools are not available on Infinite Campus.)
Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel so that we can get 1000 followers. This helps to be able to live stream events.