Digital Photography is a semester course that focuses on understanding the basic operations and functions of a digital single lens reflex camera and the manipulation of its settings to achieve a specific result. This course is a project-based course that will teach you the basics of photography on a digital camera. We will be using industry standard Nikon D3400 DSLR cameras to shoot our digital photos. Students will learn about photographic elements of art and principles of design, composition, and lighting. Students will write and speak about aesthetic, technical and expressive qualities in a photograph. Students will learn to critique their own and others work.
- Students will be able to use industry-standard equipment while taking photographs in this class.
- Students will be able to meet real-world deadlines and learn responsibility for their own work.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the processes for composing a proper photo.
- Students will be able to illustrate how to use various media tools in order to create multimedia content.
- Students will be able to recognize and resolve technical issues through creative problem solving.
- Unit 1: Fundamentals
- Unit 2: Composition
- Unit 3: Post Processing
- Unit 4: Storytelling
All assignments, along with presentations, rubrics, and due dates will be posted in Google Classroom. Be sure to join our class, the code to join will be shared with you. For a complete overview of our semester you will want to view the syllabus on my teacher website.
- Desktop Computers
- Nikon D3400 DSLR Cameras (Provided)
- Memory Card (Provided)
This is a difficult class, however if you do the assigned work and participate in class, you will do absolutely fine. This is new to most of you and you are all going to learn at different paces. I am here to help and have given you the tools to be successful. If you need more time to complete an assignment, I strongly encourage you to utilize my red day CDS or after school hours. Cameras may also be signed out to make up work at home.
Take this time to be creative and have fun!