weekly school News
1. Rose-Hulman Homework Help:
2. #thankfulThursday: We appreciate the many comments already supplied. We would encourage you to keep sharing these kind comments by using the link below. A few shared comments from this week:
"When my son had to miss 2 of the first 3 days of school for illness, Mrs. Wayne helped ease the transition by sending home work for him. He was able to return on Monday and jump right back in with his classmates. We appreciated the understanding!"
"My daughter was very nervous to start at a bigger school with a locker and switching classes. Mrs. Tilley has been so welcoming, and has made this such an easy transition for her. She quickly felt right at home!"
3. Family Literacy Night: September 11th - 6:00-7:00pm (Click below for more details)
4. Fall Book Fair: The Book Fair will be open daily from September 10-14th. Mrs. Elsbury is looking for volunteers from 8 am-11 am, 11 am- 2 pm OR all day to help out with the book fair.
Family Night will be Tuesday Sept 11, 6-8 pm. Volunteers are needed for this evening as well. If you would be interested in helping during any of these times or have questions about the book fair, please email Mrs. Elsbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. E-Learning Day/Attendance on this Day: Please keep in mind that our first ever K-6 e-learning day will occur on Wednesday, September 26th. More details to come soon regarding this day; however, we wanted to make you aware that your child's attendance on this date is based on completion and submission of the assigned work. If your child doesn't complete the assigned work, they will be marked as absent.
6. Student Council: We would like to congratulate the following students who were selected through an anonymous process to represent their homeroom this year. We look forward to working with them this year to make our school and community an even better place.
Nevaeh C., Anna M., Janessa G., Anna L., Payton M., Katie J., Chloe K., Peyton C., Mason M., Makenna H., Ethan O., Claire G., Emily M., Jacob O., Michelle T., Dillon S., Helen E., Gatlin M., Peter H., and Gloria F.
7. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Will S., Ava H., Colette H., Rylan B., Avery W., and Jacob O.
8. Immunization Update: The Hancock County Health Department will be hosting a walk-in immunization clinic on September 26th from 8:30-3:15pm. This is the day before our exclusion date is set which gives you another opportunity to get the required shots before we would be required to call to let you know that your child will be excluded from school until shot records are provided. This is also our e-learning day where students will be working from home. Once students complete their assigned work, they would not miss any instruction on this date while getting the required shots. This will allow you some additional time to get this finished. For additional information or questions, please contact the Health Department at 317-477-1125.
9. PTO News: "Fun Run": Maxwell Intermediate Families! We are about halfway through our Fun Run program!
Just so you know, students have been given a WEEKEND CHALLENGE! If a student receives a total of $2 per lap in NEW pledges ($60 in flat donations) or more, over the weekend, they will receive a bonus prize… the Shoe Swag... in addition to their normal prizes!
Visit funrun.com to enter your pledges and be sure to watch the Mindspark Mystery Lab videos with your child, too.
Thank you for your support. We appreciate all you do! Have a great weekend!
10. School Dismissal Manager: You should have received an invitation last week to set up your account. Below are instructions for setting up your account. However, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the office.
11. MIS Schedules
12. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
August 30th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am - Library)
August 31st: PTO Fundraiser "Fun Run"
September 4th: 5th Grade Vision Screening
September 10th-14th: Fall Book Fair
September 11th: Family Literacy Night (6-7pm)/Book Fair Open
September 26th: E-learning Day
October 30th/November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1st: E-learning Day
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY