What does home learning/provision look like in EYFS?
- Accelerated learning cycle
- Accessible learning with learning through play to support this (examples on slide below)
- High expectations
- Clear modelling and addressing misconceptions (parents and children)
- Parent phonics work shops
- Resources provided to EYFS to support home learning
- Extra curricular activities to support other areas of learning e.g. crafts, PSE and C&L starter to encourage communication and language
- Hooks into learning, linked with school.
- Learning through context
- LO and SC accessible for children
- Extra challenges
- Phonics assessments with 1-1 children which will follow with 1-1 targeted support on teams and in school.
- Marking and feedback on Seesaw and through phone calls
- Well being checks with parents and children
- High focus on PSE throughout in line with Recovery Curriculum
Extra activities and challenges added to Seesaw...
Supporting parents through online teaching...
- Weekly phone call check ins.
- Available through Seesaw for questions
- Modelling through each sessions
- Teams phonics parent workshop
- Recommendation of websites such as: Phonics play, phonics bloom, top marks, oxford owl, bbc bitesize, cosmic kids yoga, dough disco on youtube.