- I am 22 years old
- I am from Lafon Village in Eastern Equatoria, South Sudan
- I am a member of the Pari tribe
- My core values are integrity, being self driven, and having a commitment to excellence
- I heard about LASS from an alumni of the school
One of the biggest challenges I have had to face was an injury to my leg. However, I have found that life involves compromise. The Bible helps me because it has a message of revelations which can be attained by being patient. I have had to be patient with the healing of my leg. I am hoping that my core subjects of physics, chemistry, math and information communication technology, will be a good base for continued education at the university. The leadership classes are teaching us that a good leader is a servant, loyal and kind, and to be a servant leader requires a person to sacrifice self above others. My faith has grown by being more receptive to the teachings of Jesus Christ. I credit the discipleship program for my increased faith.
My injury may be the reason that I want to become a medical doctor and to be able to help communities overcome disease. - Sicreto, July 2017
South Sudan needs servant leaders, it is a rich nation ruled by greedy people.
My Vision For The Future
- I believe that peace can be attained in South Sudan
- I hope to be a servant leader who can promote reconciliation in my country
- I want to be successful and encourage others
- I look forward to becoming a medical doctor
My guiding scripture is Habakkuk 2:3: "And then God answered: “Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision-message is a witness, pointing to what’s coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn’t lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It’s on its way. It will come right on time."' - Sicreto, July 2017
I would love to meet our supporters and hope that they can come and visit us at LASS. Their support is greatly appreciated.
It is my hope that I can continue with my education and become a doctor and eventually provide the same support to others in the future. My prayers are for peace in South Sudan, good health and for my family.