Battle Cancer is the world’s first mass team functional fitness event with the dual aim of creating an awesome competition whilst also generating a huge amount of fundraising for UK cancer charities...to do this we need your help
Progenex Europe our official Partner
As one of our athletes you’ve undertaken two challenges:
1) Taking on the Workouts in this fitness fundraisng celebration
2) Battling against Cancer through fundraising...this pack is designed to help you do this!
You can fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support (our official partner) or for a UK cancer charity of your choice, we simply want to Battle Cancer together!
We’ve set the conservative target of each team fundraising £200 – that’s only £50 per person!
People have smashed our targets in the past so now we’ve got an epic award for the team which fundraises the most!
HOW TO START FUNDRAISING
1. Tell friends & family about Battle Cancer – share our social media pages or send your supporters our website link
2. Invite them to help you Battle Cancer by sponsoring & supporting on the day (spectator tickets are only £10 & give all day access to watch and take advantage of all the trade stands)
Direct your sponsors to justgiving
1. If you’re fundraising for Macmillan our JustGiving Event page is ready for you. This will show that you are taking part in Battle Cancer London and means we can track how much your team raises.
2. If you choose your own Cancer charity you’ll need to set up your own JustGiving page (www.justgiving.co.uk has all the information you’ll need) just make sure you tell us who you’ve picked and how much you raise
The power of gift aid!
Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give, Macmillan Cancer Support (or any registered UK charity) can claim back 25p from HMRC, helping your donations go further. This means £200 per team can be turned into £250 just so long as donations are made through Gift Aid. This can obviously make a huge difference and it doesn’t cost you a thing!
Good Old Money Sponsorship
We have included a blank form which you can print out to complete your fundraising at work, home or gym! This would require you to collect the money then donate it all in one via just giving to your page. This means it can be gift aided and as we are not insured to take cash donations your fundraising will then be nice and safe with your chosen charity.
Good luck and thank you from all our charities and the Battle Cancer Team, you are doing something truly amazing. Please tag us in your videos and pictures and share with us how your fundraising is going. If you have any great ideas or any questions please share them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org