What's Coming Up
Monday 3 August: Semester 1 School Reports Published to Compass
Monday 10 August: Parent/Teacher Zoom Meetings - (booking open on Compass next week)
Tuesday 11 August: School Photo Day
From the PrinciPAL
Next weekend we mark the 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A. The Gospel is the story of the loaves and fishes as told in Matthew 14:13-21. As God so generously feeds us, so we must share this “food” with others. The food we share might be compassion, mercy, faithfulness, love or joy. Not just in small doses, but in abundance.
The Eucharist is the great sign to us that, as we are fed, so must we feed. Unfortunately, there have been times when our Eucharist table has been a sign of contradiction, such as when we have excluded people who seek to be fed, who need to be fed. Rules are important, but Jesus never used rules to exclude people from his compassion, from his mercy, from his love.
In our relationships, let us imitate Jesus and call everyone to the feast.
Have a good week.
CANCELLATION OF LITURGICAL CELEBRATIONS UNTIL THE END OF 2020
In the light of risks associated with the current pandemic, the Vicar General of the Diocese of Maitland Newcastle, Reverend Andrew Doohan, has issued the following directives to all of our Diocesan schools in regard to prayer and liturgy until the end of 2020:
- The celebration of Mass is limited to parish Mases. There will be no school or class Masses.
- Schools are to refrain from going to the parish church, given the current concerns about contagion.
- The large formal liturgical celebrations that would normally take place in schools between now and the end of 2020 are suspended.
At our school, this has implications for our end-of-year Mass and Year 6 graduation, which is very much a rite of passage for our senior students. Nevertheless, we will plan for this significant event in new and creative ways. Unfortunately, our Christmas Carols event will also be cancelled . . . a very disappointing outcome, as last year’s event was a resounding success.
We will seize this time as an opportunity to nurture the prayer life of the school community in class groups. We recognise that these directives will leave many feeling great disappointment at not being able to celebrate what we have customarily celebrated. At the same time, we are hopeful that new and creative possibilities will emerge which we would otherwise not have considered and that these will light a new path beyond 2020.
Say Cheese - School Photos
Please check your child's bag for their photo envelope and take time to read the relevant information from MSP Photography. School Photos will take place on Tuesday 11 August 2020.
Remember these tips:
- Don't seal envelopes inside each other. You can pay for all children in one envelope however each child needs to return their own envelope on photo day
- Family envelopes are available at the school office upon request
- Please enclose correct money as no change is given
- Credit card payments are available online - You will need your personalised shoot key located on your child's envelope to place you order online: www.msp.com.au
- This year no group photos will be taken. Group and Class photos will be provided in a composite manner only
Pupil free DAY CANCELLED
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of the pupil-free day this Friday 31st July. It will be school as usual this week. Apologies for any inconvenience that this causes.
MINI WRITING FESTIVAL
Created with images by ShareGrid - "CN-E 85mm Prime" • Andres Siimon - "Lawnmower"