Tutoring Center mission
" The College Tutoring Center is operated by the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics. Our mission is to assist business students to become more successful at the university by offering tutoring assistance in undergraduate and graduate core business subjects in a friendly and supportive learning environment "
How to plan for your appointment
- Arrive on time. Arriving 10 minutes late to the appointment time will be considered an automatic forfeit of the tutoring session.
- Bring your textbook, your instructor’s assignment/task, and any other relevant documents.
- Expect to work with the tutor; the tutor can’t help without your cooperation.
About tutoring session
- One thirty-minute conference with a tutor
- Small group tutoring workshops (3-5 students) on selected topics possible
- One appointment per subject, per day (maximum)
At your session
- Jot down notes during the appointment or mark up your document.
- Tell the tutor which areas you wish to focus on; jot down questions beforehand.
- Budget enough time before your assignment is due
What do students say about tutoring center?
- " I really enjoyed my first time here. My tutor was great at explaining what managerial accounting is all about. I can tell that they will be a great accountant and are very passionate about their major as well as very professional in their duties as a tutor."
- "My Tutor was very thorough in helping me understand my homework assignment. They made me feel comfortable and at ease. I will most definitely recommend the tutoring center to my friends without hesitation."