Minutes 2.13 Secretary, Regan Cobb

Convocation given by Senator Crosland.

Roll taken by Secretary Cobb.

Senators Altschuler, McDowell, Daniels, Keating, Hines, Richard, Reid, and McCormick found absent.

Trauma Kits

  • Emma Hume and Trevor Newton
  • RS: What does the replacement cost?
  • EH: EMS will take over fundraising. The replacement cost is very affordable.
  • IK: Will it also be included in the football fields and baseball fields?
  • TN: They don’t quite need it like we need it.
  • LD: What does the number 68 come from?
  • TN: We counted installation costs.
  • MH: Do you know how significant the discount is?
  • EH: The discount is built in. The discount is thousands of dollars.
  • JH: Have you reached out to premed organizations?
  • EH: We haven’t. We have been focusing on administration first.
  • MR: Do you know where the kits will be?
  • EH: Anywhere you will have the highest traffic at first.

Cannon Project

  • Karl Bossard and Chase McCathern
  • MR: Have you considered bricking the pathway?
  • CM: Maybe in the future we can look into that.
  • BB: If you had to choose a project to fund, which would you pick?
  • MC: The plaque itself.

BikeShare

  • Landon Miller and August Kibler
  • IK: Are they road or mountain bike?
  • LD: Road bike
  • IK: Will these bikes be able to go off campus?
  • LD: The intent is to keep it on campus.
  • BB: How do we have rights to these stations?
  • DH: We are looking to grow these nationally.

Marimba Project

  • Dillon Holzheimer and Greg Freeman
  • IK: Are there any other funds?
  • PB: No. There are smaller funds, but none this large.
  • MM: If we were to fund one of the other which would you chose?
  • GF: The Marimba because it is stationary.
  • MM: If we partially fund the Marimba what will you do?
  • DH: We have the Mode Marimba option.
  • MM: Cheap Marimba or nothing?
  • PB: Cheap Marimba
  • MH: Is the shipping cost included?
  • PB: It would go down 400-500 dollars.
  • KS: How long would these instruments last?
  • GF: They could last as long as we need them.
  • BS: If we were fund the mode marimba would you come back for the rose wood Marimba?
  • GF: It would be sufficient, but the quality would not be.
  • BB: What led to asking for these two instruments?
  • DH: These are the most expensive. There is very little budget for these types of purchases.
  • MM: Motion to extend the Q&A period to two minutes?
  • LW: Is the recognized student organization?
  • PB: No.
  • LW: Would these instruments be open to all students?
  • PB: Students taking lessons, in the program, and Tri County.
  • LW: Would it be through classes?
  • PB: Yes.

Developmental Soccer Program

  • Jonathan Hooper
  • MM: What does the sustainability of this project?
  • JH: The Grad Assistant will take over this.
  • IK: Could you get tax-free products?
  • JH: We need apply to make this happen. As of right now we need to budget set. Its something we can look at.
  • JS: Do all the teams here have these types of clothing?
  • JH: They have nicer versions.
  • MM: Motion to exhaust the speaker’s list.

Academic Affairs: Leland Dunwoodie

  • Shoutout
  • New Senators: Andrew, Olivia, Rachel, Ashley, Thomas, Jonathan, and Christian
  • Madeline and Rachel
  • Updates
  • Major/Minor Fair | Feb 13 | Hendrix | 12-2
  • Projects
  • Your Voice.
  • International Student Event
  • Interview Absence Policy
  • Open Access Resources
  • NIMS w/ Perry
  • Pre-med packet
  • DIRS
  • Sergey Mityakov | International Econ
  • Tuesday | 12:30pm | Cooper Lobby
  • Ideas for AA
  • Ideas Form
  • Contact Info
  • Leland Dunwoodie | 269-759-4768 | ldunwoo@g.clemson.edu

Athletics: Trevor Newton

  • Ticketing Updates
  • Good meeting with Joey and committee members to start the formal writing process
  • Jordan and I looking into ADA compliance issues in the stadium this Friday
  • Campus Recreation Updates
  • Fike agreed to be guinea pig for trauma kits
  • Clemson Marketing Committee
  • Calm before the Roar
  • March 1st vs. NC STATE, 8:00 P.M.
  • Going to be a white out with free t shirts for all students
  • Had a good meeting with Mike Money to discuss logistics
  • Let me know if anyone would like to help table and market for this event
  • BASKETBALL UPDATES
  • Two heartbreakers versus Duke and Syracuse
  • FOOTBALL UPDATES
  • 2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS (This will stay here every week)
  • Contact Info: Phone: (864)-508-6334
  • Email: trevorn@g.clemson.edu

Campus Life: Robert Lee Storey

  • Advertising Hard Core Hacks on Tiger Flix now.
  • We have begun reaching out to various student organizations to gauge interest in participating in multicultural dining days
  • Connecting CU SAGA and Clemson Home to discuss roommate selection process
  • Input for Campus Life? Mention it here! http://goo.gl/forms/9iOUDqvkVn

Finance and Procedures: Lindsey Wright

  • One piece of legislation:
  • Non Operational Funding
  • Miller, Rachel, and B sitting Elections Committee as liaisons from F&P
  • If you have any elections related questions, please contact me first and then Emma. Her email is emmalis@g.clemson.edu
  • NO MORE REGULAR FUNDING BOARD HEARINGS UNTIL MARCH
  • Spring budget hearings: February 23, 24, 27, and 28th
  • Meeting with AJ, Nathan, + Christian
  • Meeting with Kolstad + Bryce to solidify budget for next year → SEND REQUESTS ASAP
  • John met with Peake this week and is moving forward with marketing portion of the mentor program for POSC listserv
  • Christian moving forward with meetings regarding digitizing the funding process
  • As always, hmu if you have any questions or just wanna chat (864) 421-5006 @lindseywrong

Health and Human Services: Jess Schnorr

  • Resolution supporting Peer Mental Health Support Group - proposal is currently being written for funding - so real.
  • Ability to schedule appointments online is coming soon to Redfern. Professional group is working with decision trees
  • Walk through of Honors College with Crystal on Thursday. Mirror program for Collegiate Recovery Community
  • Jacob met with Mandy Hayes and Kelly Barry about discrimination within student organizations
  • Lauren and Madison are working on a minority retention program (#YGGs)
  • WE HAVE CUSG ALLY TRAINING (March 5th 2-6 PM)
  • Be your own valentine. It’s not a social construct. hmu: 843.619.1555 // jschnor@g.clemson.edu // @yayyjesss // snapchat me: yayyjesss // be my guardian in Clem

Transportation and Facilities: Jacob McMeekin

  • Major Projects for the Semester:
  • Bike Share Implementation
  • Capital Improvement Tonight
  • LEV Commuter Permits
  • Discussions with Dan on specifics
  • Resolution at end of February (Mando)
  • Potential Green Crescent Trail Resolution with CCD
  • Game Day Transit Options
  • Emailed Corky today to set up meeting
  • Continued Red Route Discussions
  • Meeting set for March 9th
  • Parking and Transportation:
  • Bike Share:
  • Should have finalized pricing soon
  • Helmets will be provided upon signing up but are not required
  • Looking at other incentives
  • Membership card will work in Greenville as well, but will not have first two hours free
  • Soft launch last week of March/first week of April
  • Park and Ride:
  • Both R-06 and parking at the Snow Facility will be a park and ride option for students next year. $24 for the year.
  • Bus schedules for lots have not been finalized yet
  • Questions from last week:
  • Safe Rides was running on the wrong schedule. Issue should be resolved (Thank you Catherine and Jess): http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/parking/transit/safe-rides.html
  • R-06 route does not run on Fridays- demand is not there.
  • According to Dan there should be other parking spots available on campus
  • Facilities:
  • Long-Range framework plan Mobility Meeting on Thursday:
  • http://clemsonframeworkplan.com/assets/PedestrianizingtheCampus_FINAL.pdf
  • Join me for Coffee and Conversation every Thursday at 8:30 in All In: (803)-622-8328 // jmcmeek@g.clemson.edu // Twitter and Insta: @jcmcmeek // Snapchat: jcmmeek

University Services: Dory Askins

  • Major minors fair – Feb 15th
  • Food summit will be this semester
  • “Study Hours in the Valley” meeting coming up
  • NROTC meeting February 9th with Chief Max Allen
  • If you want to be an ambassador for NIMS, let Perry know
  • Also, for student communication, if you have any ideas, let me know

Clerk: Steven Patrick

  • If anybody is interested in running for the position of Clerk, I’d love to discuss!
  • Email: sepatri@g.clemson.edu
  • Phone: 704-369-1752

Secretary: Regan Cobb

  • After the Gavel
  • Meet the Senators
  • Capital Improvement-Thank you!
  • Run for Secretary--- It’s so fun!!!

Pro Temp: Samuel Reinert

  • Last week to buy formal tickets
  • Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s from 1-5 in the offices
  • Cash, check, or tilt
  • http://til.tt/mQ61
  • Tickets cannot be purchased after Thursday, February 16th
  • Senate Cookout March 4th

Student Body VP: Nicki Seidman

  • Recyclemania Basketball Game tomorrow night
  • Spring Scene
  • International Student Programming with Benardo Dargon
  • State of the University Address/CUSG-Wide Meeting will most likely be in mid-March
  • CUSG Banquet March 29th

President: David Gundana

  • Capital Improvement tonight! If you have questions ask your chairs (Keep chatter to a minimum)
  • Appointing new senators
  • Nominations/elections rule

Old Business

Bill No.38

To Amend The Student Handbook

Author:Lindsey Wright

MM: Motion to call bill to question

Bill Passes

New Business

Bill No.42

To Approve Senate Appointments

Author: David Gundana

LD: Suspend the rules and suspend into 2nd read

BB: Motion to call bill to question.

Bill Passes

Bill No.41

Non-Operational Funding

Authors: Molly Makos and Rachel Reinker

PB: Can you clarify Campus Outreach?

RR: This was a reimbursement.

MG: What is the money going to for Formula SAE?

MM: This is for travel.

CH: Motion to send bill back to F&P.

Resolution No.14

To Express Support for a Peer Mental Health Support Program

Authors: Anna Albert and Jess Schnorr

EH: Will Hippa be apart of the training?

JS: Yes.

CP: Can you speak about Active Minds?

AA: Active Minds are constantly doing mental health awareness events. We can reach out to them for possible funding.

GN: What kind of access would these students have?

AA: Peer support groups will be an open access program with no paperwork.

GN: Will there be training?

AA: Yes. We want to bring in a CI program.

PB: Do you have any plans for liability?

AA: The difference between this and CAPS is you put your health in their hands. We would send them over to Redfern if this wasn’t a program for them.

BB: Would you speak to the solution of stigma?

AA: We want to show them that more people are dealing with this than they think?

BB: Can you speak to the demand?

AA: We will start with a small pilot program with 3-4 peer mentors. And then from on we want to expand and diversify.

BB: What would be the requirements?

AA: We want to expand it to anyone that can be an advocate for students.

SS: Move to send resolution back to HHS.

Bill No.43

Capital Improvement Funds

Author: Regan Cobb

LD: Move to make a hostile movement.

MM: Move into 2nd read.

AC (con)

MM (pro)

MG (con)

JH (pro)

KV (con)

MR (pro)

JM (con)

LW (pro)

JC (con)

BB (pro)

NS: Motion to call amendment to question.

JL: (pro)

JL: Move to make a hostile amendment.

JC: (pro)

AA: (con)

RR: (pro)

SS: Move to make a hostile amendment.

MF: (pro)

MM: Move to call this amendment to question.

JL: (con)

LW: (pro)

JS: (con)

RR: (pro)

KS: (con)

PB: (pro)

JH: Motion to call bill to question.

Bill Passes

Roll taken by Secretary Cobb.

Senators McDowell, Daniels, Kazmier, Keating, Hines, Richard, McCormick, and DuBro found absent.

Created By
Regan Cobb
Appreciate

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.