Next Week at Wheeler
- Friday, October 11 - 8 - 9 am, LGBTQ Coffee (Unity and Diversity Conference Room)
- Friday, October 11 - 7 pm, FREE Contemporary Jazz and Improv series (Isenberg Auditorium)
- Monday, October 14 - School Closed – Columbus Day Observed
- Wednesday, October 16 - 8 am-3 pm, Gr 9 Seminars (regular school hours; no classes for Seniors)
- Wednesday, October 16 - 8 am-12:30 pm, PSAT Testing for 10th and 11th Gr (Madden Gym)
- Wednesday, October 16 - 6-7 pm, Diversity Committee Meeting (Cummings Room)
- Thursday, October 17 - 8 am, Clothing Sale Kick-Off Meeting, Trustee Board Room (211 Hope Street) all are welcome!
- Thursday, October 17 - 6:30 pm, Gr 9 Parents’ Night “The Social and Academic Transition to Upper School” (Wheeler Hall)
- Thursday, October 17 - Flu Clinic: 7 am – 12 pm; 3 pm – 5:30 pm; students, Faculty and Staff, and family members ages 3+ are welcome (Madden Gym – online registration required)
- Thursday, October 17 - 5-8 pm, Chazan Gallery Opening:By Other Means, an exhibition featuring work by Markus Berger, Gabriel Feld, Jeffrey Katz, and Kyna Leski.
- Friday, October 18 - 7:45 am, Alumni Legacy Photo to kick off Alumni Weekend
- Saturday, October 19, 10 am, Fall Fest at The Wheeler Farm (Free for families, please leave the dog at home!)
Fall Fest Is Almost Here; Volunteers Needed: Lower School Families - Fall Fest is almost here! Join us for pumpkins, hayrides, and more on October 19th from 11 am to 2 pm at the Farm. Parents and Guardians, volunteers are needed! Sign up to help with other parents and guardians in your student(s) grade. Volunteering is a great way to get to know others! Please click on the links below to volunteer for your grade level. Nursery and Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, Welcome table.
Important Calendar Notice: The heads of all area independent schools have announced that the start of school for 2020 will be Wednesday, September 2. This calendar fluctuation has happened in years' past and will ensure a sufficient number of school days, as well as allow for our graduation date to remain on the second Friday of June, as is our custom. Mark your calendars now!
UPCOMING: WSPA Social at the Providence Wine Bar: The second WSPA Social of the year for parents and guardians is scheduled for October 23. This informal event is a drop-in, stay as long as you can, networking, and social opportunity. Join us at the Providence Wine Bar, 485 Angell Street, Wayland Square, Providence, 7 - 9 PM. (Cash bar).
Mosquito Season Isn't Over Yet: The Massachusetts and RI Department of Public Health continue to remind us that taking steps to prevent mosquito bites is recommended until the first hard frost. Please see MA Department of Public Health link for a quick reminder of the steps to take when outdoors.