Digital (Failure) Literacy Written and Produced
(GoogleDocs, Adobe Audition and/or Adobe Spark)
- Articulate a moment in you life where you failed or had shortcomings with technology while trying to effectively communicate or create something.
- First write a short narrative then pair up with someone in class and create a 5 minute podcast/video discussing the moment of failure.
- Write a reflection on the differences of the narratives and the strengths/weaknesses of both genres.
(Adobe Spark, Minecraft Education, et. al.)
- Compose weekly reflections that engage with the Habits of Mind.
- Focus on the new digital skills acquired that week and how it relates to composition at large.
- Posts are expected to be multimodal with greater expectations of creativity and experimentation each week.
Research Guided Essay
(Google Docs, Adobe Spark, Adobe Audition, Minecraft Education, Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop)
- Create a short proposal in the form of a video.
- Generate an annotated bibliography as a webtext in Adobe Spark video with a written transcript in Google Docs.
- Compose a research guided essay in Google Docs, transmediate it to Adobe Spark.
- Support the composition with images manipulated in Adobe Lightroom and 3D models built in Minecraft Education.
Multimodal Presentation [Shark Tank]
(Google Docs, Adobe Spark, Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Minecraft Education, Twine, and Camtasia)
- In groups, create a text-adventure using Twine.
- Design a marketing campaign to “sell” the game to four “gaming executives” through transmediation of the research guided essay.
- Responsibilities should be divided based on the strengths of each group member to optimize time and technologies used.
Christopher Stuart - RCID PhD Student
firstname.lastname@example.org - adobe.ly/2uLukXv