This was my very first design. I was experimenting with negative and positive space. The lines were much to small in this sketch. I got this idea for this design by me and Claire combining our names. We were presently surprised when it created raire which could also be sprays as in special and different. I wanted to show that we were good friends so I added a heart.
Later Claire had the idea of adding a diamond ring which I thought went perfectly with the idea of being rare (like a diamond). I added the heart as negative space to enhance it and show contrast. I made all the lines thicker to make sure it would carve correctly. I changed and modified the arrangements of the ring and heart during the project.
This is the carving machine. I had to vacuum the machine before loaI had to thicken the lines of the diamond before carving. I also desided to smooth out the lines so it look more neat. I had to airdrop the photo of my sketch and change the material, material dimensions and the bit size.I had to thicken the lines of the diamond before carving. I also desided to smooth out the lines so it look more neat. I had to airdrop the photo of my sketch and change the material, material dimensions and the bit size.ding in my tile. Then I had to load the tile into the machine. The drill carves out the dark area of your picture in easel. An unexpected part of this process was that you had to take off the metal pieces because I wasn't aware of that and accidentally vacuumed a piece of the metal up. When the tile was done being carved I had to vacuum again to clean the edges of the carved parts and then had to vacuum again after taking the metal pieces and tile out to clean it for the next person.
I was really happy with my final product because of the colors and the way it takes up space. My carving went the way I planned because I took lots of time to make it look the way I wanted in easel. I balanced positive and negative space by adding the heart in the negative space. Next time I could take the metal pieces off before vacuuming. Overall this project was really fun and I learned that it took patience to have it turn out the way you wanted it to.