What does it do?
The University of Dundee has developed a handy Library App for staff and students. It brings together a range of important and useful University resources and features on your smartphone and tablet. So far we've added the following features;
- A swipe access barcode for getting in and out of the Main Library
- Details of books you've borrowed and when they're due back
- A version of our Library Search tool to help you find books and journals available from the Library (and even print them out!)
- A direct link to your MyDundee account
- Your University of Dundee email
- Access to the academic timetable
- Access to the electronic reading list system
- Access to the Library Room Booking service
- Library Live Chat - get real-time help with using Library resources and instant responses to your questions
- Pocket guides to using the Library
- Information about Library opening hours
- ...even a link to quickly open the Yoyo app for purchasing drinks and food via the Library cafe!
When would you use it?
The app is aimed at staff as well as students - the ability to search for resources, get help from Library staff via Live Chat, book a room, check reading lists, swipe in and out of the Library (and buy a coffee and a panini!) is something everyone will find useful.
As the app is a home-grown product, any problems, questions or feedback about its usability should be directed to email@example.com. Similarly, if there are any features you'd like to see added, please do contact the Library Systems team.
Where can I access it?
Library App is available from the Apple App Store and Google Play as a free download for phone or tablet. You'll need to login before you can use it...you only need your University username rather than your full email address.
What do you think of Digital Friday?
You can comment on Digital Friday or suggest other tools or applications to be included in future - go here to do so!