Email is Moving to the Cloud
In late March and early April, Information Technology will migrate JMU’s faculty and staff email to the Cloud. This change, which began in December with a successful IT pilot, will continue until all faculty, staff, affiliate, and emeriti email boxes are successfully migrated.
- Higher quotas – 100GB for faculty and staff; 50GB for affiliates
- Increased security through Duo two factor authentication
- Better integration with other Office 365 applications such as Teams and OneDrive.
- More efficient use of resources
Please visit the email migration website, and stay tuned! More information will be coming soon!
Modified Summer Work Schedule
President Alger and senior leaders are pleased to announce a modified summer work schedule beginning Monday, May 10. Monday through Thursday hours of business operation will be 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – noon, ending on Friday, August 13, 2021. See additional information, including frequently asked questions here.
Our goal with the Benefits Broadcast is to feature a specific benefit each month. This month’s featured benefit is…
Anthem Future Moms
| Aetna Maternity Program
If you are enrolled in the COVA Care or COVA HDHP health insurance plan and receive the wonderful news that you (or your spouse) is expecting, then the free Future Moms benefit is for you! If you enroll in Future Moms within the first 16 weeks of pregnancy and meet additional program criteria, you can earn a $300 hospital copay waiver!
Other benefits include:
- A toll-free number where you can speak with a nurse 24/7 about your pregnancy
- The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy book, showing changes you can expect for you and your baby during the next nine months
- A screening to check your health risk for depression or early delivery
- Free phone calls with pharmacists, nutritionists, and other specialists, if needed
- One additional dental cleaning and exam during the term of your pregnancy, in addition to the normal plan frequency limits
- Many other helpful tools!
Sign up for Future Moms by calling 1-800-828-5891.
If you are enrolled in the Aetna HealthAware health insurance plan, the Aetna Maternity Program provides help and support to help you have a successful pregnancy. By enrolling in the program within the first 16 weeks of pregnancy and participating based on your pregnancy risk profile, you are eligible to receive a $300 incentive contribution to your HRA around the 28th week of pregnancy. Sign up for Aetna Maternity Program by calling 1-800-272-3531, or log into the Aetna member website at www.aetna.com and look under Stay Healthy.
May 3 -17 Benefits Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment for health insurance, flexible spending accounts, and Aflac will be from May 3 – 17. Stay tuned for more information!
March’s Social Security Column
Payroll Services Announces New Technology Manager
Faith Meadows is retiring after nearly 10 years of JMU service. Please join us in wishing her well in her new adventures.
Payroll Services has finalized the search to fill the position. Effective Thursday, March 25, Payroll Services will welcome Barbara Shepherd as the new Payroll Technology Manager. Barbara comes to us from Cash and Investments. Please join us in welcoming her into her new role.
May 25 Deadline to Move Qualtrics Data to QuestionPro
QuestionPro is replacing Qualtrics as the new survey tool for JMU. The deadline to move surveys or data from Qualtrics to QuestionPro is Tuesday, May 25.
How do I migrate information from Qualtrics? If you need help exporting surveys from Qualtrics or importing into QuestionPro, sign up for a virtual workshop.
When can I start using QuestionPro? QuestionPro is already available to all JMU faculty, staff, students, and affiliates. To create an account or access your existing account, log in at http://questionpro.jmu.edu with your JMU eID, password, and Duo.
Questions? For additional QuestionPro resources and information, visit the QuestionPro page from JMU IT. For info about QuestionPro training available through the Libraries, please contact Ask the Library.
These days, when time is tight and physical distancing is required, professional development to maintain and enhance performance may seem less critical, but is crucial to reinforce your existing ability to manage the unprecedented, and to be prepared to master obstacles with diplomacy.
Each TD SHARE topic has a PDF-handout that shows a “stoplight summary” of key points for the topic, a closing observation, and resource listings for LinkedIn Learning, online, and books in the Talent Development Resource Collection. You can use TD SHARE in three ways.
1. In Person: We host open discussions for each topic on the schedule shown on the website, where people can discuss the content, share their expertise, and interact to develop professionally.
2. Team Meeting: The handouts are available the Wednesday prior to a scheduled session and are also suited for use as a discussion framework in departmental team meetings because each “stoplight summary” includes three questions for discussion. A team member can “host” the discussion or the team’s leader can request support from Talent Development.
3. Self-Development: Each topic handout is self-contained and includes courses in LinkedIn Learning which is available to all JMU employees for their own professional development. The TD SHARE handout also includes a list of online resources and books that can be borrowed from the Talent Development Resource Collection.
What you do supports the mission of JMU and we thank you for managing well in these complex times. If there is something we can do to further support you in enhancing the performance of your team, please reach out to either Gail (email@example.com) or Jules (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Let us know how we can support you in your work.
JMU’s Professional & Continuing Education Youth Programs
We are offering several exciting summer programs for kids in 1st – 12th grades! Camps include:
- Arboretum Explorer Camp
- Science Explorers Camp
- College for Kids
- Summer Honors Institute
- 3D Printing Camp
- Robotics Camp
- Renewable Energy Camp
- Culinary Camp
Registration is now open for all camps! Please visit www.j.mu/youth for more information and to register.