Help Keep Delaware Safe with COVID Alert DE
COVID Alert DE is a free smartphone app available to our students, visitors and all Delawareans. The app uses Bluetooth technology—not GPS navigation—to quickly alert you if you’ve been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. With this knowledge, you can then—anonymously—self-quarantine and get tested. The app does not compromise your privacy or collect personal information. Plus, your use of the app is totally anonymous, and, whether you’re out with a few friends and family or out running errands, the app does not track where you are or what you’re doing.
In essence, COVID Alert DE puts the power in your hands—and on your phone—to fight back harder against the virus.
We are making a huge effort to rally everyone in our community to put the app to work. With all of us in Red Clay working together, we can help significantly slow the spread and impact of COVID-19 in Delaware—and beyond.
But we can’t do it alone. We need all of you to:
- Download COVID Alert DE today. The app is free via the App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Use the app regularly. Get the latest information about COVID-19 in Delaware.
- Encourage at least 10 people this week to download the app. The more people who use it, the more powerful it is for your well-being.
- Make sure your family and friends download it, too. The app can, and should, be used by anyone in Delaware over the age of 18.
- Use the app’s daily symptom tracker option. This will become a valuable resource for helping you to make informed decisions if you receive an exposure alert.
- Continually follow pandemic safety protocols in public. Wear a face covering, practice social distancing and hand hygiene, and stay home if you are sick.
To discover additional features and access more information on COVID Alert DE, visit de.gov/covidalert. Together we can continue to provide for and lead our community in the fight against COVID-19.
For more news and announcements from Red Clay, visit redclayschools.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.