I believe connecting with and supporting others is the way to make great things happen.
I learned marketing from the best of the best at The Brandon Agency. When I moved to Myrtle Beach, I started my career as an Account Coordinator, a project manager and the go-between clients and the creative team. I absorbed so much about advertising and marketing while I worked at the agency for several years. I've built on this experience over the years in subsequent roles at The Market Common, SPM Resorts, and WIPL. I am experienced in all aspects of marketing including:
- Marketing planning & strategy: create a marketing plan with strategies, goals, and tactics
- Media planning: manage, create, and place media to reach a target market, including print, television, sponsorships, digital, and radio
- Budgeting: create and manage marketing budgets for The Market Common, SPM Resorts, and WIPL
- Social Media Strategy: create and implement social media campaigns. Grew The Market Common Facebook account from 0 to 30,000 fans
- Email campaigns: write, design and plan for email campaigns and newsletters. Create all WIPL email blasts, handled the SPM corporate newsletter, created all Market Common email campaigns.
Editorial style advertising
Ads that tell a story and appear editorial are more interesting and effective. For example, this video played as part of news segments rather than a general tv ad spot:
Development & SALES
I have a proven track record for revenue growth
- Handled all aspects of new business development for SPM Resorts, Inc. including lead generation, prospect outreach, relationship development, and presentations. Resulted in six new management contracts for the company, growing the number of associations managed from 35 to 41.
- Handle all aspects of sponsorship development for Women in Philanthropy and Leadership including creating sponsorship benefits, outreach, confirmation, and execution. Have developed and grown sponsorships for the Women's Leadership Conference significantly in three years.
- Proposal design & writing: Redesigned corporate management services proposals with imagery to capture the board members' attention for SPM Resorts Inc. Worked with marketing department at CCU to create WIPL Conference & Celebration sponsorship packet.
EVENT PLANNING WITH A PR PURPOSE
Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
I started my event planning career at the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce with an incredibly talented team. Events I planned included:
- Insights on Leadership Breakfasts featured influential speakers like former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and Home Depot founder Bernie Marcus
- MACOC Golf Tournament was a a huge one-day golf tournament on six golf courses with more than 1,000 golfers
- 10 Year Anniversary of the Olympics held in Atlanta
- Legislative Networking Events at local Atlanta restaurants featuring business leaders and government officials
The Market Common
Events were integral to the overall marketing strategy for The Market Common. The goal was to shape The Market Common as a downtown community center through a series of events coupled with a PR and ad campaign to market to the target audience (higher-end shoppers + diners). These events brought people to the shopping center for the actual events but were also consistently publicized in the media to keep The Market Common top of mind as a destination for shopping and dining to both tourists and locals. Events I started included:
- Deville Street Farmer's Market brought shoppers to Deville Street each week
- Market Common Fashion Week promoted shopping and fashion with a series of events in the shops, a large fashion show, and the Mr. Myrtle Beach Man Pageant
- Taste of The Market Common was a food tasting festival featuring our restaurants to promote dining at The Market Common
- The Market Common Tree Lighting Ceremony kicked off the holiday shopping season on Black Friday
- Movies Under the Stars featured free family-friendly movies during the summertime to bring tourists to the shopping center
- Brookgreen's Nights of a Thousand Candles partnership included handing out Market Common shopping cards to reach their 70,000+ attendees to drive shoppers to the center during the holiday season
- Market Common Holidays included carriage rides, Breakfasts with Santas, an Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt, hand-painted sleighs for photo ops, and an "ice" skating rink all designed to attract families and shoppers during the holiday shopping season
(Currently known as Myrtle Beach Young Professionals) founding steering committee member of GS Scene, a young professionals group by the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- planned the kick-off event at the Boathouse with more than 300 attendees
- organization's membership grew to several hundred members in the first year
- hosted monthly events for networking and education for members
Founding Board member of Coastal Uncorked (before the Myrtle Beach Hospitality Association took it over). Coastal Uncorked was a food & wine festival created to promote Myrtle Beach as a southern food destination.
- partnered with Southern Living Magazine the first year, which included large, full-page spreads in the magazine and Southern Living chefs attending the event
- events included the signature Wine Tasting Tent, Tasting Trolley, and events at local restaurants to promote local businesses
- hosted the Lee Brothers in the Market Common Tasting Tent and at a brunch at Croissants Bistro & Bakery
- created the Tasting Trolley to showcase Myrtle Beach hotels and destinations. Locations included hotels, Plyler Park on the oceanfront, and The Market Common
Women's in Philanthropy and Leadership
Served on the original planning committee in 2010-2012, and now lead the organization as the Director.
Leadership Conference and Celebration of Inspiring Women
- The largest off-campus outreach event hosted by Coastal Carolina University
- Women's Leadership Conference has sold out with 800 attendees two years in a row
- Coordinated prominent speakers including Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush, Janice Bryant Howroyd, Elf on the Shelf creators Carol Aebersold and Chanda Bell, and Rebecca Minkoff
- Expanded into the Exhibit Hall in 2018 with the addition of the Tidelands Health Better Women's Health Expo
Other WIPL events
- Inspiring Women's Luncheons featuring speakers such as Dr. Lori Stevic-Rust, Tracey Bailey, and Paige Cribb
- Women Leading the Business Community panel discussion on Coastal Carolina University campus for students and the community featuring women business leaders
- Mayor Panel Discussion featuring local women mayors speaking to students and members of the community
Experienced in public relations efforts to garner positive publicity & promote the organizations I represent
The Market Common
I combined my event planning and marketing experience as the marketing manager for The Market Common. Handling the marketing, advertising, PR, and events for The Market Common was diving straight into a whole new promotional world. I wrote press releases, handled all of the social media and grew the facebook page from 0 to 30,000 followers, wrote blog posts, created news stories, invented events like Market Common Fashion Week, photographed items in stores to share on social media, created the media plan, worked with the ad agency to get our creative designed, and spent three months trying to figure out how to get The Market Common to show up on Google Maps.
I worked with local television stations and magazines on stories about The Market Common including Grand Strand Magazine, WPDE, WBTW, WMBF News, The Sun News, radio stations, Sasee Magazine, and other local publications.
SPM Resorts, Inc.
Positioned SPM Resorts, Inc. as an expert in the timeshare industry through articles published in industry publications, corporate blog, presenting at conferences, and email newsletter campaign.
Articles published in industry publications including:
- Resort Trades
- Timesharing Today
- Women in Philanthropy and Leadership events
- Timeshare Board Members Association Conference
Women in Philanthropy and Leadership
Media partners include WBTW, The Sun News, Grand Strand Magazine, Sasee Magazine, and Easy Radio
Speaking on & off camera
Public speaking to audiences as large as the Women's Leadership Conference (800) and small as Rotary Clubs (20). Speaking engagements include:
- Inspiring Women's Luncheons
- Ocean Forest Cotillion Presentation
- Presentations with PowerPoints at Timeshare Board Members Association
- Keynote at GS Scene
- Fashion Show for The Market Common
- Women's Leadership Conference Opening Remarks
- Panel discussion at the Women's Leadership Conference
Director of Women in Philanthropy and Leadership for Coastal Carolina University
All of my experience led me to my current role. I have been the Director for Women in Philanthropy and Leadership at Coastal Carolina University nearly three years. I took this position to make an impact on women, and inspire women to pursue their careers and seek leadership roles.
PersonaL: CREATIVE hobbies
(my hobbies also include marketing)
stories captured in snapshots
Interview & photo featured in Grand Strand's Most Stylish 2019
Occupation: Director of Women in Philanthropy and Leadership for Coastal Carolina University
Describe your style: Classic and colorful. My mother taught me when I was younger that style is an important reflection of the impression you want to make.
Signature look: Teal on Tuesdays!
What do your outfits say about you? I have an artsy and creative side, so I gravitate toward color. My goal is to look professional and polished, but not boring!
Favorite designer and why: Jude Connally’s flattering, wrinkle-free dresses that can be tossed in the washer and dryer are my favorites!
What item in your closet brings you the most joy? Tory Burch wedges, a gift from my mom and a gift to my feet.
Your style icon: Reese Witherspoon, who is as smart as she is stylish. I love her company, Draper James, but mostly love her voice as an advocate for women.
What are your hobbies? I love to spend time with my family: Will and I have two extraordinary children, Thomas and Mary Chase, plus a new puppy named Riley, the most chill Golden Retriever on the planet. I love photography, travel, reading, podcasts, decorating, family and wine, which I blog about on GoodTasteGuide.com!