You could be eligible for:
- Employment counselling, job coaching, and supports.
- Business coaching, entrepreneurial skills training and income support while you train to start a small business.
- Employment assistance services such as resume, cover letter, and job search workshops, and one-to-one job coaching.
- Work experience and wage subsidies for employers to hire you.
- Tuition for short duration training such as pre-apprentice training, clinical placements, exam prep courses, practicums, and skills training (up to 6 months) from private or public accredited institutions.
To be eligible, you must:
•Be a resident of Vancouver Island, Powell River or the southern Gulf Islands.
• Self-identify as having a permanent physical or mental disability that restricts his or her ability to perform daily activities
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
• Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
• Not be eligible for assistance under the Employment Insurance (EI) employment benefits or any similar programs that are the subject of agreements with provinces, territories or organizations entered into pursuant to Section 63 of the EI Act (unless approved by a departmental official)
• Require assistance to prepare for, obtain and keep employment or self-employment
Created with images by Nathan Dumlao - "untitled image" • wilhei - "puzzle match missing" • rawpixel - "man people achievement" • rawpixel - "document paper business" • TeroVesalainen - "checklist check list" • geralt - "human observer exhibition" • rawpixel - "paper business achievement"