The Cuban Coat of arms was created by Miguel Teurbe Tolon and was used around April 24th, 1906. This national coat of arms represents their island.
I am drawn to this coat of arms because I myself am cuban and wanted my coat of arms choice to be in relations to my ethnicity.
The shield is divided into three parts: In the chief, a key charging a blue sea between two rocks, symbolizing Cuba’s geographical position between Florida and the Yucatán Peninsula. A bright rising sun in the background symbolizes the rising of the new republic. A key is a symbol of Cuba because it is the key to the Americas. On the left are the stripes of the flag of Cuba but turned so they are bent looking. On the right is a common Cuban landscape, the Royal Palm tree, a symbol of Cuba with mountains in the background.
The crest is a Phrygian Cap or liberty cap that is located at the top as a crown symbolizing liberty, with a sole star on it standing for independence.
The shield is supported by an oak branch on one side and a laurel wreath on the other. The oak branch symbolizes the strength of the nation and the laurel wreath symbolizes honor and glory. These symbols were meant to represent the rights of man: Equality, Liberty and Fraternity.
5 elements of art that are included:
1. Color- all the colors included make the coat of arms stand out and draws attention to it
2. Shape- the shape of the coat of arms is not too big or small but the perfect size to fit everything on it
3. Line- there are many lines separating each section of the shield
4. Space- there is plenty of space on the coat of arms for everything on it to fit perfectly
5. Form- the way everything is united makes the coat of arms come together as a whole
4 principles of art that are included:
1. Balance- the top section of the coat of arms is most balanced because it comes together without any lines
2. Variety- there are many images included that increases the visual interest of it to others who look a it
3. Proportion- the images inside of the whole coat of arms gives it more proportion by the images being smaller than the rest
4. Emphasis- the key that is at the top section draws attention to the artwork and becomes the focal point because it is in the center
Fact: I learned that there are principles of art in many things even things we don't realize it
I used the colors red and green because they looked more spanish. I used a quote that means "The obstacle is the path" in spanish because i like that quote. And the type of division i used was because i feel it made my coat of arms look better.