A Brand New, COMING SOON, Covered Courtyard!
We've leveled up for our for high school scholars this year, providing this exclusive outdoor lunch escape and recreational area. Summer construction is still underway, but it's something to look forward to on the first days of school!
Honor Societies, Junior Editions!
With last year being inaugural years for our high school honor societies from NHS, Quill and Scroll, to International Thespians we are excited for the foundation that was laid and to see what year 2 brings. This upcoming year will be equally impactful for middle school with the development and launch of Junior National Honor Society and our Junior Thespians Troupe competing for the first time. This 19-20 school year we have not one but 2 freshman classes. Our growth in high school has afforded great opportunity for our scholars with many earning college credit via dual enrollment. Over 90% of our 18/19 scholars were accepted into the college of their choice.
EVERYDAY IS UNIQUE...
...so be on the look out for HOW this year.
No school is perfect. It's not always going to be fun. We hear you! But, each week, your teachers work hard to provide engaging lessons that keep you at the forefront. No one wants to be bored, but boredom is all a matter of PARTICIPATION, right?
The bottom line is this: if your outlook on school is dim and negative, each day will be dim and negative. BUT!!!! You are the special ingredient to a great day, even a great week of school. Whether you're new or returning to One School, try not to cloud someone else's view. Just go with, and see the difference.
Read This Helpful Article
HOW? CHANGE IT UP
- Be on the look out for happy feelings everyday. Notice when you smile about something.
- Be the first person to say that classroom lesson was actually epic! It's possible.
- Tell your teacher when you connected with an assignment. It helps everyone!
- Talk about how challenges in the classroom are a good thing. Better than lectures, for sure.
- Encourage your peer group to lead discussions, and present ideas. Be proactive.
- Ask for help if you get overwhelmed rather than slump into a funk. People care!
FRIDAY JEAN DAYS
Middle School and High School scholars can EARN jean days on Fridays.
Here's How it Works!
- When all middle school scholars (grades 6th - 8th) dress in the required uniform Monday - Thursday, including dressing out for PE, a Friday jean day is earned for middle school. Note: There can be no referrals in middle school for the week if jean day is to be earned.
- When all high school scholars (grades 9th - 12th) dress in the required uniform Monday - Thursday, including dressing out for PE, a Friday jean day is earned for high school. Note: There can be no referrals in high school for the week if jean day is to be earned.
MS/HS SPIRIT T-SHIRTS
OSOTA ON STAGE >> OPENMIC
OSOTA'S GOT TALENT
Open Mic is a weekly talent expose that lets you take the stage in front of a safe and supportive live audience. Some of our favorite school memories have happened at Open Mic. Scholars who swore they would never step foot on stage ended the year with an unforgettable performance met with cheers and hugs. We encourage you to participate in this unique part of our school culture. All talents are welcome-- from acting to singing to...breakdancingl?! We all get in on the action. Come grow with us!