What you’re offering guests is easy; you're offering 24/7 access to local knowledge and suggestions. For you, it’s an added service. For them, it’s a memorable experience.
How we do it
- We Listen: After a complimentary phone call where you and a TempessGroup consultant get a sense of whether the service is a match for your needs, we talk about how smart-speakers can be used to improve your guests' experiences.
- We learn about what makes your accommodations - and area - special: lf we move on to a contract, our job is to ask you what local knowledge you want your guest to be familiar with and how often you want us to update that general knowledge.
- We set up and customize all the necessary account information and perform the actual Amazon Alexa device programming: This can all be done remotely with techniques and tools designed to save you time and money.
- And when all is ready, we send you the electronic equivalent of a Concierge In a Box: In almost all cases, this final step requires us having remote access to your network, your already-installed Amazon Alexa devices, and the smart-phone that will be associated with that smart-speaker system.
- And we don't do is pretty important, too! Our job is to help you offer guests a more memorable experience. And while TempessGroup is made up of people who know how to make Alexa devices do that particular magic, we don't claim to compete with the excellent (and - free) tech support already offered by Amazon. We believe customers should never be offered for-hire services when better - complimentary - alternatives exist!
and what we charge
- Our standard service rate is $105 per hour, charged in fifteen minute increments.
- This rate applies to all our activities, from early needs assessment phone calls, follow-up programming adjustment calls, emails, or texts, and ongoing maintenance of your system.
- We also offer prix fixes specials:
- For a VRBO, Airbnb or VRBO with up to 5 accommodations (rooms, suites, cottages) at the same address (and using the same WiFi network), and including up to 15 programmed Question-and-Answers, the package fee is $840. (This includes the time needed for research, the "Question-and-Answer" program development work, and the remote installation and testing.)
- For larger or more distributed system, a la carte service rates apply. (for more information, please call or text us: 510 708 3893)
Tom Portante is the steely-haired (OK, there's a fuschia streak as well...) founder and senior technologist at Tempess Group. His passion for helping people create better work- and living spaces comes from a unique combination of University studies of how people interact with their built environments and years of consumer retail and home-renovation experience.
Created with images by Brandon Morgan - "vase on table with chairs" • Karina Carvalho - "Women admiring ferris wheel" • Andres Urena - "Alexa Visual Essay." • Fancycrave - "Tourist Backpackers Looking at a Map" • cocoparisienne - "periscope ship shipping sea atlantic holiday holidays" • pixaoppa - "emeryville bay area bay bridge night buildings" • Anurag Jain - "Bay Bridge at Night" • Josh Wilburne - "untitled image"