CCS Family Calendar
Mon., Jan. 28th - Day 4
- Grades K-6: Student Council Food Drive Begins (Ends Fri., February 8th)
- 150 Building: K-1 STEM Club | Room 961 3:45pm - 5:00pm
- Girls Varsity Basketball vs Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr | Gym 3:45pm @ 535 Building
- Boys 7th Grade Basketball vs The Renaissance Academy | Gym 4:00pm @ 500 Building
- Girls 7th Grade Basketball vs. The Renaissance Academy 4:00pm @ The Renaissance Academy
Tue., Jan. 29th - Day 5
- RESCHEDULED TO MONDAY, FEB. 4, 2019: Safe2Say Something Parent Information Sessions | Conference Room 1:30pm; 2:45pm; 4:00pm; 5:15pm; 6:30pm @ 435 Administrative Offices Building
- CANCELED. Grades 9-12: Detention 3:00pm - 4:30pm @ 535 Building
- CANCELED. Boys Junior Varsity Basketball vs The Phelps School | Gym 3:45pm @ 535 Building
- CANCELED. Girls 7th Grade Basketball vs. Delaware Valley Friends | Gym 4:00pm @ 500 Building
- CANCELED. Boys Varsity Basketball vs The Phelps School-Senior Night | Gym 5:15pm @ 535 Building
Wed., Jan. 30th - Day 6
- 500 Building: Principals' Coffee Chat | Conference Room 9:00am - 10:00am
- Boys 7th & 8th Grade Basketball vs Showalter Junior High School | Gym 3:45pm @ 535 Building
- 468/486 Building: Grades K-1 Lego STEM/Coding Club (3rd Session) | 486 Building Art Room (#515) 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Grades 5-6: STEM Design Challenge Teams | Library and Room 202 4:30pm - 6:00pm @ 500 Building
- Boys Junior Varsity & Varsity Basketball vs Plumstead Christian School 5:30pm @ Plumstead Christian School
- Girls Varsity Basketball vs Springfield-Montco High School 7:00pm @ Springfield-Montco High School
Thu., Jan. 31st - Day 1
- Mobile Dentist @ 150 Building
- Grades 9-12: Detention 3:00pm - 4:30pm @ 535 Building
- Boys 7th & 8th Grade Basketball vs Boyertown Middle School West 3:30pm @ Boyertown Middle School West
- Girls 7th & 8th Grade Basketball vs Boyertown Middle School East | Gym 3:45pm @ 535 Building
Fri., Feb. 1st - Day 2
- Grade 12 and CCS Employees: College T-Shirt Day
- Mobile Dentist @ 150 Building
- Girls 8th Grade Basketball vs Chester Charter School For the Arts 4:00pm @ Chester Charter School for the Arts
- Boys 8th Grade Basketball vs Chester Charter School For the Arts 5:00pm @ Chester Charter School for the Arts
- Girls Varsity Basketball vs Avon Grove High School | Gym 6:00pm @ 535 Building
Sat., Feb. 2nd
- K-12: Anamnesis Yearbook | Last Chance To Order at $55.00 Price (Price Increases to $65.00 on Feb. 3rd)
- Boys Junior Varsity & Varsity Basketball vs Unionville High School 10:00am @ Unionville High School
Family STEAM Night Returns
Last year's K-6th Family STEAM Night was a huge success. We hosted over 50 families, and the feedback was stupendous. So, we've decided to host another Family STEAM Night on Friday, February 8th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm in the 500 building.
The night will feature engineering and coding fun for the whole family! Plus, pizza, pretzels, drinks, and other refreshments will be available at our Snack Shack (cash only).
The event cost is $5.00 per family. Space is limited, and registration is required. Please register by Tuesday, February 5th.
For more information, please email Mrs. Kahl.
Kindergarten Science Fair
Kindergarten Families, it's not too late for your children to join the Kindergarten Science Fair on Wednesday, February 6th! The Fair will be held from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in the 468 Building Cafeteria. Families are invited to join us for a brief awards ceremony at 6:00pm to honor their children and their hard work to learn more about science!
Children who participate in the Kindergarten Science Fair will stay after school to present their projects, eat a quick snack, and have some pictures taken. Participating Kindergarteners from the 150 Building will be transported by Collegium staff to the 468 Building to present their projects.
Ms. Yanoviak, the Kindergarten Science Fair Coordinator, will be with your children every step of the way. Please email Ms. Yanoviak with questions and to talk about your child's participation.
The CCS Science Fair Website also has helpful tips and content to guide you. Access the website at the link below.
468/486 Building Heritage Celebration
The 468/486 Building will host its first annual Heritage Celebration on Wednesday, March 20th between 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
This celebration is intended to be a colorful international event where students and their families can celebrate the diversity of students and cultures at our school. Students are invited to display items from their country of heritage (or any country in which they're interested). Ideas include:
- Traditional clothes
- Songs and Dances
- Artifacts, and more!
Informational booths/tables, food samples from around the world, ethnic performances, and even a cultural fashion show will also be part of the fun and education at the event.
468/486 Building Families, please mark your calendars for this event – you will not want to miss it!! More details about the Heritage Celebration and a sign-up form will be coming home soon.
College Planning Night
Please mark your calendars for Collegium Charter High School’s College Planning Night, scheduled for Thursday, February 7th in our 535 Building from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm.*
This event will be open to Sophomore and Junior students and families, and will serve as an information session for the college planning process. Students and families will have the opportunity to rotate through sessions with knowledgeable college representatives. Please come prepared with any questions you may have, as the representatives will be at your disposal!
Attending Colleges and Universities:
- Arcadia University
- Delaware County Community College
- Drexel University
- Immaculata University
- Neumann University
- Penn State University
- St. Joe’s University
- SUNY New York
- Villanova University
Immaculata University and Delaware County Community College representatives will also discuss Collegium’s Dual Enrollment partnership with their schools, which provide opportunities for students to earn college credit while still in High School.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, February 7th!
Please RSVP by emailing the High School Counseling Office at the link below by Wednesday, February 6th.
*Snow Date for College Planning Night is Thursday, February 21st.
Education Explained: Safe2Say Something
Each week, CCS employees highlight common terms and philosophies in education and explain how they impact teaching and learning at Collegium. This week's contribution comes from Bill Duffy, Director of Operations and Campus Safety.
Image Caption: Bill Duffy presenting to CCS students during Collegium's 2018 Community Helper Day, an event designed to highlight the roles emergency first responders play in our local communities.
At times, we’ve all wondered if a student is at risk or otherwise showing signs of harming themselves or others. But what can we do about it? Who can we discuss our concerns with? Enter the “Safe2Say Something” (S2SS) anonymous reporting system, a new state-mandated prevention program in which Collegium is extremely excited to participate.
S2SS was developed to:
- Teach school educators, staff, students and parents how to identify at-risk signs/signals in themselves and others (especially those on social media), and
- Give parents and students the ability to report that information anonymously to a crisis center through an S2SS mobile phone app, website, or a 24/7 Crisis Center Hotline. Please see the links below to contact the crisis center.
Anonymous tips to the crisis enter are analyzed, triaged, and shared with the appropriate personnel, depending on the information. All life-safety tips will be directly communicated to 911 Dispatch and our CCS Lead Team: Mr. Bill Duffy, Mr. Joe Vogelgesang (Campus Safety Officer), Mrs. Maureen Wilkins (Special Education Coordinator), Mrs. Natalie Corcimiglia (Mental Health Therapist), and Ms. Marita Barber (Acting CEO).
Parent information sessions on S2SS will be held on Tuesday, January 29th, in the Conference Room of CCS’s Administrative Offices (435 Creamery Way, Suite #300), at the following times:
Collegium is confident that S2SS will help our community detect at-risk behavior early so that students can quickly receive the help they need. S2SS will provide CCS with resources to maintain student and staff awareness of its prevention techniques and efforts. For more information, please review S2SS’s Parent Brochure below.
Camp Collegium 2019: Upcoming Online Registration
Camp Collegium will return this July for another exciting summer filled with fun activities and day trips! Registration details will be posted on the Summer Camps webpage at 9:00am on Monday, February 4, 2019. Use the Camp Collegium webpage link below to learn more!
Camp spaces fill quickly, so we encourage families to register on Monday, February 4th at 9:00am, or as soon as possible thereafter. Last year, we had over 100 families register on the first day of registration. Please, don't delay!
Questions? Email our Director of Child Care Programs, Ms. Horsey, who will be happy to assist you.
Collegium Baseball Skating Fundraiser
The Varsity Boys Baseball Team is hosting a roller skating fundraiser on Friday, February 1st from 5:00pm to 7:00pm at Chester County Sports Arena (4533 West Lincoln Highway, Downingtown, PA).
This event is open to all K-12 Collegium students. The cost is $10.00 at the door. To participate, families must complete a Permission Slip (linked below and also available at Chester County Sports Arena the night of the event).
Come out and support your Collegium Cougars Baseball Team as they prepare for the 2019 season! We hope to see you there!
Email Coach Slusser if you have questions or need additional information about this fundraiser.
Updates From CCS's HSA
Serving in a capacity similar to a Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) or Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO), our Home & School Association (HSA) owes its success to the efforts of our many parent, teacher, and staff volunteers! Proceeds from HSA fundraisers and activities help fund CCS education and operations.
HSA Annual Outgrown & Vendor Sale Back By Popular Demand
The 2nd Annual HSA Outgrown & Vendor Sale is scheduled for Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 8:00am to 2:00pm. We anticipate a fun and successful sale again this year. The Outgrown & Vendor Sale is an HSA Fundraiser that benefits Collegium.
Outgrown & Vendor Sale Consignors
Consignors are now being accepted! Pay $25.00 to consign, or volunteer for two hours and consign for free! Consignors receive 70% of their sales; 30% of each sale benefits CCS. Email Sarah Hanna to sign up.
Volunteers Needed For The Outgrown & Vendor Sale
We need volunteers for the Outgrown And Vendor Sale to run well. Please use the SignUpGenius link below to schedule one or two hours. Thank you!
Early Admission Tickets For The Sale
Want to access the sale before the general public? Purchase your Early Admission tickets using the link below.
Consignors: Information About Purchasing Your Tags
Consignors can purchase tags at the next monthly HSA meeting (Wednesday, February 6th at 4:30pm) or send an email to Mrs. Anna McFadden to coordinate pickup.
Spring Box Tops For Education Contest
Our Spring Box Tops Contest is coming soon. Don’t forget to start clipping and saving your Box Tops now!
Teacher Appreciation Week
This spring’s Teacher Appreciation Week is also approaching. We’ll be in touch soon to ask for volunteers and donations for this important recognition event!
School Store Volunteers Needed!
Please consider volunteering to work a School Store in our 150, 468, 486, and/or 500 Buildings. Your kids love their school stores, and we need volunteers to make them available to students in the morning and at lunch. The School Store SignUpGenius link is below. Note that clearances are required for School Store volunteers.
Monthly HSA Meeting
The HSA will meet next on Wednesday, February 6th at 4:30pm in the High School Cafeteria (535 Building). We hope to see you there!
Please enter the 535 Building using the rear entrance furthest from the rear 535 Gym entrance. Building access is not available after 4:45pm. If you have questions or need additional information, email our HSA Officers directly.
West Whiteland Police Department Tip Resources
Collegium is committed to maintaining a strong and trusting partnership with the West Whiteland Police Department (WWPD). Together, we encourage all Collegium students, staff, and parents/guardians to contact the WWPD with any information they feel should be investigated.
The WWPD has a dedicated email address and phone number for the public to use to provide information quickly and directly to them.
The email address and phone line above are monitored by the WWPD Criminal Investigation Unit. We encourage anyone with information about suspected criminal activity to contact the WWPD using the email address, or by leaving a voicemail message on the WWPD Tip Line. Everyone utilizing the phone number or email address can remain anonymous, if they wish.
If your concerns are specific to the Collegium campus, we ask that you also contact your Building Principal(s):
Important Collegium Telephone Numbers
Collegium's Main Number
Building Main Office Extensions
- 150 Building: Ext. 6811
- 435 Building: Ext. 6002
- 468 Building: Ext. 6401
- 486 Building: Ext. 6501
- 500 Building: Ext. 6106
- 515 Building: Ext. 6336
- 535 Building: Ext. 6602