Important Dual Enrollment Changes
- Many of you have worked with Melissa Potter, our Jackson College Student Success Navigator. Joining her in October will be Chris Kimbell, who will also be serving JPEC. Moving forward, Mr. Marowelli will not be handling or processing dual enrollment forms, aside from the dual enrollment application. All enrollment forms moving forward must go through the college Navigator.
- Dual crediting health courses: originally, JPEC did not have a State-certified health teacher. This led to many dual enrolled JPEC students taking HPF courses at the college in pursuit of their health credit requirement. Due to the college HPF courses not including the State-mandated reproductive health unit, we have accommodated students who took these HPF courses with a reproductive unit designed by Ms. Shaw. While this was a satisfactory stop-gap solution that accommodated our students who took HPF courses before we had a health program, that situation no longer exists with the excellent program Ms. Shaw has developed. Starting with the Fall 2018 semester, anybody who enrolls in an HPF course at Jackson College will not be exempted from the requirement of taking a health class at JPEC. Only students who took an HPF course in Summer 2018 or before will be grandfathered in and allowed to complete a reproductive unit in order to fulfill their health course requirements.
Free & Reduced Lunch Form
It's incredibly important that we receive every Title I (Free & Reduced Lunch) form back, even if your family does not qualify for assistance. While we most often associate this form with food services, it also provides academic support and bus passes for our lower-income students. Historically, we have had a poor return of forms, which has led to our school population looking much more affluent than it actually is. The affect this has, beyond limiting the funding we have available to support student learning (and the way this money can be spent is strictly defined by the state), when our school gets compared to other schools, we are getting compared to schools in Washtenaw County and Troy, rather than other Jackson County schools. This gives perspective families and students an erroneous view of JPEC. If you have not returned your Title I form, please expect to hear from your focus group teacher.
The first two Early College focus groups to return 100% of Title I forms will get a half-day field trip!
Fall Homecoming Spirit Days - October 1st - 5th
- Monday - Pajama Day
- Tuesday - Decades Day
- Wednesday - Fall Harvest/Halloween Day
- Thursday - Twin Day
- Friday - Spirit Day
Early College Homecoming Dance
- October 6th
- 8-11 PM; Doors open at 7:30
- Featuring a taco bar and a game room!
- Tickets: $10 in advance, $15 at the door
It's never too early to think about yearbook! Reserve yours or get involved!
“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
Are you a world traveler? Would you like to be? Join JPEC in visiting London, Paris, Florence and Rome in June, 2021!
- Informational session October 2nd
- Room 158
- Time: 4:30 - 5:00 PM
- Signing up now locks in the lowest rates for travelers!
- Interested parents can travel, too!
- Graduating before 2021? Not a problem - you are still able to travel!
Awesome student works at jpec!
Check out JPEC's new athletics website!
Student Internship Opportunity
- Seeking two student interns to work on a long-term health, food, agriculture and nutrition project with duties including:
- Research into grant opportunities and nutrition programs at schools across the US
- Preparing presentations for businesses, farmers, governmental agencies and the JPEC Board of Governors
- Weekly meetings with Mr. Marowelli and Ms. Shaw
- Organizing planning phases and project management
- 2-10 hours a week of time required
- If interested, please send resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org