- To create real change, we need more than just brilliant scientific minds
- We need leaders, deep thinkers, adventurers, inspires, innovators, entrepreneurs, game-changers and science communicator
Image: Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, planetary scientist, author, and science communicator.
In general science students have had little or no experience in science communication or business creation
- Introducing IAG (Insurance Australia Group) as our industry partner in "Communication for Scientists" unit
- Embedding innovative assessment: 2 minute video pitching the innovative STEM solution aligned with IAG vision - "We make your world a safer place"
- Setting a new lecture "Pitch it clever"
- Designing a list of authentic tutorial activities
- Organising the "Story-telling with Adobe Rush" workshop
- Showcasing the best practices of startup pitch video in class
- 143 science students in class were trained to create 2 minute startup video based on canvas business model using Adobe Rush
- Above 90% of students have submitted the assessment that required new digital literacies and communication skills
- Positive feedback from IAG for the creative STEM solutions
- Format of short-form video of the innovative STEM solution allows science students to develop a new vital voice for their future success
Created with images by deselect - "wallpaper space desktop" • Rawpixel.com - "Ginkgo leaf background" • mohamed_hassan - "paper business finance" • robanderson72 - "drop splash impact" • nattanan23 - "money profit finance" • geralt - "business the next step next" • geralt - "career road away"