60ml orange juice
75 ml sparkling wine
1. Mix the Disaronno, orange juice and sparkling wine together in a large serving jug.
2. Pour into glass, and add a strip of orange zest for extra dazzle. And voila, your festive cocktail is served.
Mulled Wine Cocktail
750ml red wine
1 clementine, sliced
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
3 dried figs
1. Pour the red wine into a large saucepan and add the clementine, cinnamon, star anise, figs and cloves.
2. Heat until it begins to simmer and then turn the heat off.
3. Use a ladle to remove the whole spices.
4. Stir in the brandy and serve, adding a slice of clementine for an added infusion of flavour.
North Star Martini
25ml passion fruit vodka
25 ml Absolut vanilla vodka
50 ml passion fruit puree
50 ml orange juice
2 spoons caster sugar
½ a passion fruit (garnish)
1. Pop the caster sugar, passion fruit puree and orange juice together into a mixing glass.
2. Add both vodkas, and then stir.
3. Pour into a shaker over some ice, and shake together until it is well combined and chilled.
4. Pour into glasses and decorate with passionfruit or some edible glitter (not the leftover makeup from Fresher’s Week)
Bloody Virgin Mary
200ml tomato juice
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 lemon, juiced
½ tsp Tabasco sauce
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 ice cubes
1 tbsp chives, chopped
1. Mix the tomato juice, spring onions, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and ice cubes in a blender.
2. Blend until it is smooth and everything is mixed well together.
3. Pour it into a tall glass for extra class. Drinking straight from the blender is also just as effective and saves on the washing up – you decide.
1 ½ limes, cut into wedges
2 ½ tsp granulated sugar
Ice cubes (a handful or so)
Splash of soda water
Mint sprig, to garnish
1. In a glass, add the mint leaves, sugar and lime wedges and muddle (mash with a spoon or whatever kitchen utensil you can find), breaking the mint leaves slightly.
2. Add the ice.
3. Pour in the rum and a splash of soda water.
4. Decorate with a mint sprig or a slice of lime, whatever tickles your festive fancy.
Drunk Jack Frosties
1 cup of vodka
1 cup of champagne
½ cup of blue Curacao
½ cup of lemonade
Ice cubes (a handful or so)
1 lemon wedge
White sanding sugar
1. In a blender, mix the vodka, champagne, blue Curacao, lemonade and ice until it is all combined and smooth.
2. Rub a slice of lemon around the edge of the glasses and sprinkle with sugar on top for a snowy effect.
3. Sit back with an episode on Netflix (or some revision) and enjoy.
25ml gingerbread syrup
25ml egg white
1. Dip the rim of your glass in gingerbread syrup then coat in gingerbread crumbs.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add the gin, gingerbread syrup and egg white. Shake well until they are combined and chilled throughout.
3. Pour into the prepared glasses.
Santa’s Sparkling Cranberry Punch
4 cups of cranberry juice
2 cups of pineapple juice
2 cups of orange juice
Sprite or sparkling water
Sugar (for glass rims)
1. Stir the juices and ice together in a pitcher or large jug.
2. Rub some juice around edge of glasses and dip into sugar.
3. Pour and serve to all your awaiting guests.
Pomegranate Sparkling Mocktail
½ cup of pomegranate juice
1 lime, sliced
2 tbsp lime juice
1 ½ cups of lime-flavoured sparkling water
1. Add the lime juice, pomegranate juice and water into a jug and stir together.
2. Fill the glasses with ice and pour over the combined ingredients.
3. Garnish with slices of lime and top up with the sparkling water.
Down the chimney
4 strawberries, squashed
25ml lemon juice
50ml apple juice
10ml sugar syrup
Sparkling elderflower water (to top it up)
1. Add the strawberries, juices and sugar syrup into a shaker with some ice. Shake well.
2. Pour into a tall glass over ice.
3. Top with sparkling elderflower and add some strawberries for extra sweetness.