What Is Wellness?
We all are so entrenched in the sickness industry that we forget that we really want wellness. As I had achieved wellness I noticed that most people didn't really have it. I'd receive compliments on my health which I thought was strange because it wasn't that big a deal to me but it must be to others. But those comments sparked an interest in wellness as an opportunity.
The more research I performed the more I found that there was a huge opportunity because at least half of the United States did not have full wellness. I discovered that our society was steadily gaining weight and that obesity was closely linked to the top two killers of adults; heart disease and cancer.
I discovered several closely linked industries and frankly it was startling and it really bothered me. I asked could these industries really be co-partners in the sickness industry?
- Doctors were more interested in prescribing drugs to their patients than they were at solving the cause of the symptom.
- Drug companies were not in the business of finding cures, but the business of treating the symptom and keeping their customers locked to their drug solution.
- Food companies had evolved over the last 60 years to alter natural food by processing out healthy nutrients and inserting chemical ingredients to make it taste better.
- Farming practices used a tremendous amount of pesticides and other harmful chemicals to treat the food before it was sold to the food companies.
- The vast majority of doctors are trained in medical schools whose curriculums are heavily influenced by the drug companies who fund their operations and allow the faculty to have higher pay.
- The government subsidized many farm crops such as corn to lower prices and as a result many products contain High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) which turns to fat in the body. According to Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, HFCS by definition is a poison (see his presentation on YouTube). The prevalence of obesity mirrors that use of HFCS.
- Pharmaceutical and big food companies spend hundreds of millions lobbying the Congress and political donations.
Baby boomers are the prime market for wellness however their is a surge in wellness spending by knowledgable millennials. The baby boomer population controls approximately 50% of the US economy and they are seeking wellness and will pay for it. There are about 10,000 baby boomers per day turning age 65 for the next 20 years! That's an economic force.
Because of these facts and the shear size of the problem, I concluded that wellness will be a large market for the next 100+ years. I believe the drug and big food companies want to keep these facts secret. Just look at commercials on TV. They are dominated by the indulgence of food and get well with a pill. I noticed that drug company TV and radio commercials spend more time warning of the side effects than they do on the benefits. Yet, do you ever see a commercial touting eating natural food as a cure to many sickness related problems?
The Federal Government has taken a back seat to these problems because they created it with farm subsidies in order to make food cheap and not a political issue (Richard Nixon in 1972). We export the unhealthy American diet to other countries who used to be healthy but are now becoming obese like Americans. These countries are starting to have record number of obese citizens and prevalent illness and disease (China, Japan, the UK to name a few).
Putting Two + Two Together
As a CPA I was always fascinated with the creative genius of the entrepreneurs I worked with and had studied. I found that there were several revolutionaries who remarkably started into the wellness industry the year Pilzer published his book. This fascinated me.
In 2006 I discovered a company that had the revolutionaries that Pilzer declared would rise up and take advantage of the huge opportunity. In fact they were so bold their company motto is:
To impact world health and free people from physical and financial pain, and in the process create the largest health and wellness company in the world. ~Isagenix International
Pilzer predicted that more millionaires would be created from wellness than any other industry in the world. His prediction is coming true. This company has created more millionaires than any other company in America and in any industry since 2008.
This company has had record growth rates and earned $924 million in sales in 2017.
One of the Best Decisions I Ever Made
I'm proud to announce when I'm asked what I do to declare, "I'm a Wellness Revolutionary!"
This revolution can be enjoyed by anyone through the model of Network marketing as either a wellness consumer and/or as an educator sharing the revolution with others. The model is sound and it has allowed me to fully discover and embrace who I really am. I didn't have to hurry into something I wasn't ready for either. It fits so well with my simple dream:
To spread joy over the entire planet and help create health, abundance and compassion to every human being.
Please consider for yourself if you want to partner with these revolutionaries and make a difference in the wellness of thousands of people starting with yourself. I've achieved more spiritually and financially since I locked arms with these revolutionaries in 2006 than I was able to accomplish in 30 years of being a CPA.
I hope you've received a glimpse of what network marketing in the Wellness Revolution really is. I hope you've also received a spark of interest and that it may be a way for you to create health and capture a share of the wellness economy for yourself.
Get back with the person that shared this with you and learn more about The Wellness Revolution.
Michael Lantz is a former 30 year CPA and was one of the best income and estate tax practitioners in Las Vegas. He retired in 2006 to pursue his dream of helping people become healthy and fit and spreading joy to those suffering. He stays fit by racing in the Ironman Triathlon. He is married with four sons and six grandchildren who call him "Big Papa!
He is an Executive with Isagenix International, a billion dollar health and wellness company and a top company income leader.