1. About 15,00 years ago, prehistoric hunters left northeastern Asia and arrived in what is today Alaska.
2. The Americans stretch north to south nearly 11,00 miles.
In eethe west, rugged mountain chains run nearly the entire length of the Americas..
4. The Andes are the worlds longest mountain system.
5. In eastern North America, a range of mountains run near the alantic cost.
6. Some scientists think that people walked across a land bridge from Asia to America during the last ice age.
7. Large rivers systems drain the Americas.
8. Historians believe it is likely that the first people in America livid in small groups.
9. As the last ice age ended, the climate grew warmer.
10. Growing and trading crops helped early Americans form more complex societies.