The IS/MS STEM and Robotics Zone serves a the newest space on campus supporting the Maker Mindset. This beautiful classed in space literally oozes with student engagement from the time you enter. Equipped with fabrication and electronic tools appropriate for 5th to 8th graders, the STEM Zone continues to build on the wonder established in our Lower School Makerspace and instills the advanced problem solving skills that will help ignite their passions. With the skills gained in the STEM Zone students will be ready to utilized the various spaces in the Center for Innovation to impact their world as Upper Schoolers.
The IS/MS STEM and Robotics Zone Features
- Virtual Reality - supporting academic simulations and virtual field trips run on a super computer designed and built by Upper School students
- Robotics - beginning with Lego EV3s then advancing to Arduino powered Sumo Robots and Raspberry Pi physical computing projects
- 3D Printers - Four Flash Forge Inventor II 3D printers for continuing the understanding of CAD designing and prototyping solutions
- Laser Engravers - Three Meterk laser engraver printers for building vector based graphic competencies and prototyping solutions
- Maker Workbench - equipped with all the tools necessary for project ideation and completion
- And much more