- Founded in 1923
- Started as a Cartoon Studio
- First production= Alice's Wonderland
- First characters= Oswald, then Mickey Mouse
Reasons I Want to Intern with The Walt Disney Company
- Role in Community
- Employs 180,000 people worldwide
- 12 Parks (2 CA, 4 FL, 2 Tokyo, 2 Paris, 1 Hong Kong, 1 Shanghai)
- World's Largest Media Conglomerate
- Commitment to Excellence
- Positive, Inclusive &Family-Friendly Environment
Role in Community
- 2015- $333.3M in charitable giving
- Since 2012- 23.1M books donated
- Since 2012- 2.4M hours of service by employees
- Numerous support programs
- Professional Internship vs. College Program
- Variety of industries
- Exposure to travel & tourism industry and business
How I Connect to the Walt Disney Company and the Professional Internship Program
- Positive, innovative atmosphere
- Immense opportunity to grow and expand my knowledge base
- Large network of peers and mentors
- Interested in working in travel & tourism industry--Background working at Busch Gardens
"List of Disney Parks Around the World." Buzzle. Buzzle.com, 2015. Web. 25 Nov. 2016.
"Wildlife Wednesdays: Disney VoluntEARS Create Magic (Naturally!) During Florida Coastal Cleanup." Disney Parks Blog. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2016.
"The Walt Disney Company | Company Profile from Hoover's." The Walt Disney Company | Company Profile from Hoover's. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2016.
The Walt Disney Company. Glassdoor, n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2016.
WaltDisneyCo. "The Walt Disney Company." The Walt Disney Company. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2016.