Who is this for?
This guide is for any student or faculty member who want to learn about the privacy settings for ePortfolios; adjusting privacy settings allow you to control who is able to view, edit, and publish your ePortfolio.
Step 1: To change the privacy settings of your ePortfolio, click on the collapsed menu icon and select “Settings" from the drop-down menu. (See image 1)
Step 2: Under the “Permissions & Share” section are two options for sharing.
- Option 1 allows you to share your ePortfolio with one of the settings below. Click “Edit” to access these settings: (See image 2)
- Private to Me: ePortfolio is only accessible to you
- Private Within CUNY LaGuardia Community College: all ePortfolio users at LaGuardia will be able to view your ePortfolio.
- Public: your ePortfolio can be viewed by anyone and will appear in public search results.
- Option 2 allows you to "Share with specific, people, groups, or courses." Click "Edit” to access the search bar. Here, you can input a course’s 5 Digit CUNY first code, a community title or a username. Select the course, community or user and they will be added to the ePortfolio. (See images 3 and 4)
Step 3: Once the course, community or user are added to the permissions, you can assign specific rights like the ones listed below. Click the arrow next to their role to change their permission setting. Once you select the sharing option click "Save Settings." (See images 5 and 6)
- Admin: can view, edit, publish, access settings, and delete the ePortfolio (Admins control all settings)
- Publisher: can view, edit, and publish the ePortfolio
- Editor: can view and edit, but not publish the ePortfolio
- Viewer: can only view the ePortfolio
That's it. If you have any questions, contact the ePortfolio team or visit the MB-57 office.