Use of Land.
1.The main way people in Africa farm is subsistence farming.The problem this might cause to the terms of money or income is they are not making a profit and then again Africa is one of the most poorest continent in the world.
2.The difference between subsistence farming and commercial farming is that during commercial farming a farmer farms to make a profit. However, during subsistence farming they are not making a profit off land they are making food for their family.
3.The 2 precious or valuable resources that are found in Africa is Diamonds and Gold.
4.Have half of the worlds gold, but they don't get to use the gold for money.They don't get to use the gold due to others coming across to take the gold.
- Unequal wealth among countries(countries who have more are wealthier,ones without are poor.
- Unequal population distribution(people live where the resources are).
- Wars over access to the resources.
- Corrupt government leaders(take bribes to let others have access to them.
- Africa has one of the 28 out of 31 ages to live.This means that there average or percentage of people only live till they are 28.That is not a very large number.
- The reason it is so low is because the place is poor they don't have that much money,they don't have a high nutritious level.Which means they don't have that much clean water, or clean food.The country also has a high level of HIV and Aides.So if you don't know you have it then it can spread quickly to your family.
The 3"T" minerals!
- The three “T” minerals that the Dem. Rep. of Congo has are “TIN”,’TANTALUM”,and “TUNGSTEN.”.They go into making jewelry,and cellphones, out of these minerals.
GDP per Capita-Standard of living-
TWO ways the standard of living of countries with a higher GDP per capita may differ from the standard of living the standard of living from those countries with a lower GDP per capita. There many things they can list but above are two that are examples.
5 nations have the highest GDP Per Capita in the region
5-Mauritius-$12,800-South Africa-$11,110-Botswana-$9,200 -Seychelles-$7,800 -Namibia-$7,300
4.Two ways that the unequal distribution of natural resources has affected countries in Africa Wars over access to the resources. Corrupt government leaders (take bribes to let others have access to them)
5.Armed rebel groups control the mines. They force people to work in them and they smuggle and sell the minerals. They buy more weapons with the money.
6.Why didn't the Government do anything to stop the rebel groups? It is because Corrupt leaders and government are bribed to stay out.
- 7.What trade network did the Kingdom of Ghana participate in? Who did they trade with and who traded what?
- 8.The Trans-Saharan trade network was the network. They traded with the west and north africans. They traded items such as gold which the West africans brought and salt which the North Africans brought.
- 9.What trade network did the Kingdom of Ghana participate in? Who did they trade with and who traded what?
- 10.The Trans-Saharan trade network was the network. They traded with the west and north africans. They traded items such as gold which the West africans brought and salt which the North Africans brought.
They traded items such as gold which the West africans brought and salt which the North Africans brought.
- 11.Q=Why did muslims trade for african slaves? What were these slaves primarily used for?
- 12.A=The Muslims traded for african slaves because it is a rule that muslims can not enslave other muslims. And the slaves were used for war.
- 13.Q===How was the Muslim enslavement of Africans different from the European enslavement of African?
- 14.A===Muslims normally treat the Africans better than the Europeans did to theirs.
- 15.What 2 commodities were traded, and who brought which item and the trade?
- 16.The 2 commodities that were traded were gold and salt. West Africans brought gold and the North Africans brought salt.
- 17.How was the Muslim and African enslavement of Africans different from European enslavement of Africans?
- 18.The Europeans were disrespectful to their slaves and the also beat them.However, the Muslim slaves were treated with respect, they were used for Military.
- 19.What was Mansa Musa the king of? How rich is he estimated to be?
- 20.Mansa Musa was the King of Mali. He was rich with a estimated amount of 300 lbs of gold.
- 21.Describe his famous hajj in the years 1324-1325 (also who he brought back and what they did to Timbuktu?
- 22.He cared 300 lbs on each camel on his trip to Timbuktu. There was 60 camels. He brought back scholars and they build the learning center of Timbuktu.
- 23.What was the city of Timbuktu a center of?
- 24.They were the center of religion, music, mathematics, laws, and literature.
- 25.How old was Ibn Battuta when he began his travels? Which city and country did he set out from?
- 26.He was 21 years old when he set out. He set out from Tangier Morocco.
- 27.How many miles did he travel over Africa and Asia? How many years did he spend exploring
- 28.He traveled 75,000 miles. It took him 43 years to explore.
- 29.What did he do when his travels were over?
- 30.When the travels were over he Dictated him memoir.
- 31.What were the Three West African Kingdoms? What were the years they were in power?
- 32.The Kingdoms were Ghana Mali and Songhai( 800 CE-1600 CE).