- Copyright date:2010
- Topic I read about: extraordinary African dog.
- Date/time period: recent.
- Setting/place: Zambia, Africa
Anna is an important character in the book. She she is the owner of Bulu. She didn't care how Bulu looked and thought he was not an ordinary dog. So she adopted him and she never gave her hoped up on him. She saved Bulu's life from almost dying by a lion attack. Bulu has saved Anna and Steve ( her husband). Bulu was nice to any orphan animal they had to take care of and he also good with the orphan children that came to visit their Wildlife Education Center.
One event is Bulu saved the warthogs from a lion. Another is he saved Steve's life from a crocodile. Steve could not get up and Bulu stayed by his side and helped. One more example is he saved Anna's life from a lion. He stood his ground and growled and the lion walked away. If Bulu was not their Anna would have walked into it. These r are all important because it shows how he is brave and loves his owners.
Bulu was curious Dog who grew up in Africa. The problem was he was wandering from home and meeting new animals. He would bring orphaned animals for them to take care of. He was very loving.
7 Facts I learned:
- a black banded spitting cobra is one of the deadliest snakes in Africa.
- The mother bushbuck must lick the baby's anal glands in order for a calf to move its bowels.
- Berenil is a drug that either kills or cures infected animals. It's poison. A small dose kills trypanosome parasites. Too much will kill the patient.
- If a terrier has no energy, sleeps all the time, high temperature then they have trypanosome parasites. If dog walks in circles then they have gone to the brain
- Use canned UHT brand milk. Its boiled at a temperature to kill the bacteria and will not give the temperature warthogs diarrhea like regular milk wood.
- Dogs can have a unique personality and joyful and lovable
- Bulu (the dogs name) means wild dog
One event is Bulu saved the warthogs from a lion. Another is he saved Steve's life from a crocodile. Steve could not get up and Bulu stayed by his side and helped. One more example is he saved Anna's life from a lion. He stood his ground and growled and the lion walked away. If Bulu was not their Anna would have walked into it. These are all important because it shows how he is brave and loves his owners.
I learned that this dog is not an ordinary dog. This dog was sweet with animals and kids. He has save his owners life and other animals life. He was very brave and loving. He would also bring home animals he found that were motherless and needed care. He would even provide care for the animals. He brought home a bushbuck and licked its anal glands for it. If Bulu hadn't licked his glands then it would not be able to move its bowels. He got attacked by a lion and survived. He has holes in his throat and big cuts. He had to get many stitched and surgeries. He was one of the most extraordinary dogs who ever lived.
In conclusion this was a good book and I recommend it if you are an animal lover. I did not think I would enjoy a biography book.