Spring 2022 Trip: Orlando
While not a surprise, we will be unable to take a spring trip this year. Allen ISD students will only be taking overnight trips if the trip is tied to a tiered level of competition (such as a tiered UIL contest).
However, I am pleased to announce our Spring 2022 Trip to Orlando, Florida. This is not a required trip, but is available for any enrolled band students in 2021-2022. Please see the link below for preliminary details on the trip. The dates (subject to change) are March 10-14, 2022. We do not have a 2021-2022 School calendar at this point - the intended dates are the Thursday before Spring Break with a return on the Monday of break.
While this trip is approved, we do not have many details at this point. Here are some notes:
- CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- Cost: $1500-1800 - depending on flight, meals, amenities
- Deposit/Payments: Begin April 2021- End February 2022 (this gives everybody plenty of time to save up for this trip)
- Cancelations: Full refund (minus $100) if canceled by mid-November
- Full refund: cancel by Nov 10
- 75% refund: Nov 11-Dec 10
- 50% refund: Dec 11 - Jan 10
- 25% refund: Jan 11-Feb 10
- No Refund: after Feb 10
- Optional Trip Insurance: Families may choose to purchase additional insurance. If purchased, students may receive 75% of any costs returned to the travel agent regardless of cancelation date.
Students that make the 2021-2022 AHS Wind Ensemble may be assigned to the AHS Symphony Orchestra. The AHS Symphony Orchestra may be traveling to Chicago representing Allen, Allen ISD, and the state of Texas at the Midwest Band & Orchestra Clinic in December 2021. There will be costs involved for those students traveling with the AHS Symphony Orchestra. Potential Wind Ensemble students that wish to go to both large trips should start thinking now how to make two trips happen. Any student selected to participate in the AHS Symphony Orchestra trip can contact Dr. Obado if there are potential travel/financial concerns - we want to make sure every student has a fair opportunity to go on their earned trip to Chicago.
Spring 2021 Band Events
- Feb 3: Jazz Concert
- Feb 8-9: Winter Band Concerts
- Feb 27: Supercussion
- March 22-23: Pre-UIL 1 (AHS Sym 2, AHS Sym 3, AHS Concert, LFC Symphonic, LFC Concert)
- March 26-27: Pre-UIL 2 (AHS Wind Ensemble, AHS Wind Symphony, AHS Sym 1, LFC Wind Ensemble)
- March 29/31: Drum Major Auditions
- April 5: SLT Auditions
- April 12-13: UIL Concert & Sight-Reading
- April 17: Meet the Escadrille
- May 11: Jazz Concert
- May 15: Solo & Ensemble Contest (Coppell HS)
- May 17-18: Spring Band Concerts