- Gabriel is on his deathbed thinking about is life.
- Gabriel had a friend named Finnigan who stole money from his mom.
- The boys made a packed that Finnigan will do all of Gabriels dirty work.
- it went well at first but Gabriel told Finnigan it was getting out of hand and to stop and he wouldn't because they made a pact.
- Gabriels dad let him get a dog, who he named surrender.
- Both boys love surrender and Finnigan would take surrender out at night to hunt at the local farms and kill chickens.
- surrender gets shot in the shoulder by a farmer and Gabriels dad tells Gabriel to finish the job.
- Gabriel gave surrenders spirit to Finnigan and Gabriels dad ties surrender up and tells him to shoot it.
- Gabriel gets a crush on a girl named Evangeline. But Finnigan makes him choose. Him or her and hes not leaving.
- Gabriel knows how dangerous Finnigan is and tells Evangeline to leave town. She doesn't.
- Gabriel is sick of his parents so he kills them with a hatchet.
- in present time Gabriel is actively trying to kill himself (that's why he's on his deathbed)
- he's forcing his own death to kill Finnigan, who is actually is other half. His darker half.
- The only way to kill Finnigan is to kill himself so he surrenders and dies.
Metaphor: "Finnigan smiled wolfishly"
Simile: "A Mind as slick and slippery as an eel"
Imagery: Gabriel described Finnigan as an animal, "Hyena eye' Finnigan is considered wild.
Personification: "I imagined his skull shattering beneath the force of his scream"
Theme: Good vs. Evil
Exposition: Gabriel is on his deathbed
Rising action: Gabriel explains his relationship with Finnigan
Climax: Finnigan makes Gabriel choose between him and Evangeline
Falling action; Finnigan gets out of control
Resolution: Gabriel kills himself killing Finnigan