Spring Conference Sign-Up is Live! - Spring Parent Teacher Conferences will be held March 15th through March 18th. Conferences will be conducted via your child's classroom everyday Zoom link. Specials teachers will be conducting conferences through the zoom link shown on the conference sign-up. Unlike previous years, all students will have a Spring conference in lieu of a second marking period report card. Please know that the conference will replace your child having a report card for this marking period. Please click on the following link to secure your conference time slot: https://schroeder.troy.k12.mi.us/teacher-conference-sign-up-genius
PARENT SELECTION: POST SPRING BREAK RETURN TO IN-SEAT LEARNING - Per Kerry Birmingham's February 22nd email, the last in-seat selection survey will be available mid-to-end of March. This would be your final opportunity to return to in-seat instruction for this (2020-21) school year. You will make this selection prior to Spring Break and if you choose, have your student(s) return in-person following our virtual week after Spring Break.
PARENT SELECTION: 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR INSTRUCTION - In mid-to-late April, the district will send out the opportunity to make a selection for your student(s) for the 2021-2022 school year. This survey is the same as the usual Intent to Return surveys that are done every year, only now it is completed online. Although we realize this may seem early, we need this data to begin scheduling classes and developing our programming options for the fall.
Remember to Sign-Up for Picture Day - Picture day will be held after school on Monday, March 15th and Tuesday, March 16th, from 3:30pm to 6:30pm both days. These days are virtual learning for all students. Photographers will be set up in the two front hallways at Schroeder. Students must enter at the designated exterior door location and not through other doors of the school.
- Please sign-up for only one time slot per child.
- Please have your child bring their picture envelope/form with them to their appointment. See attached printable envelope/form. Extras will be made available to those who need them.
- Camera Station A: Enter through the main front doors of the building to the left of the flagpole. Look for door #1.
- Camera Station B: Enter through the front doors of the building that are located to the right of the flagpole. Look for door #28.
- Parents will need to remain outside the doors while their child gets their photo taken. Parents are not allowed inside the building.
- Please be aware that photographers will not be adjusting the students’ hair, clothes, etc. Please do this before sending your child inside for their picture.
- Adults and children must wear a mask. Students will temporarily remove the mask for their picture. Remember to practice social distancing.
- Please leave the premises promptly after your child(ren)’s photograph has been taken.
- The SignUp Genius link to secure your time slot: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044CABAE2EA13-picture4
Science Kits - Our K, 1st, 2nd, and 5th grade students will soon be receiving science kits. As you are aware, we are embarking on another exciting science adventure with our new units! This is the first time we have had the option of sending individual science kits home to virtual students as well as having individual kits for students to use in seat. These kits contain a variety of items depending on the grade level including but not limited to: deli containers, ping pong balls, tennis balls, salt, a flashlight, wax paper, and more. Please note that there is a label on the outside of every kit warning: THIS KIT MAY CONTAIN ALLERGENS. If you have any concerns as the specific contents of the kit, please reach out to your child’s teacher as soon as possible. We will be using these kits for both in seat and virtual students.