NEW MEDITATION CLASSES FROM APRIL-JULY 2018 ACROSS DEVON AND CORNWALL & IN PLYMOUTH
We all experience ups and downs in life, the disappointments and the joys. We may have many of the things we desire in life - friends, family, a home, a job, nice holidays and a pleasant social life - but we are often at the whim of circumstances, happy one moment, unhappy the next, contented one day and dissatisfied the next. This is the nature of life and we never know what's around the next corner. Striving and working hard to maintain a happy life can be fraught with problems. But what if we could experience contentment, happiness, even joyful bliss every moment of our days, regardless of what the world throws at us; no matter how good or bad things are in life and the world in which we live?
"Developing compassion and wisdom is the true meaning of life."
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche: How to Transform Your Life: A Blissful Journey.
"Instead of striving to obtain external wealth, it would be far better if we sought the internal wealth of compassion and wisdom, for, unlike external wealth, this can never deceive us and will definitely bring us the peace and happiness we desire"
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche: Transform Your Life: A Blissful Journey
In these classes we will learn how to develop and use compassion and wisdom practically in our daily life, opening a rich and rewarding opportunity to improve the lives of ourselves and everyone we meet. We each of us have the ability to tap into an inner resource which can give us the pure lasting happiness we each want. All we need to do is sincerely apply the practical advice we will receive in these classes, using meditation and mindfulness as a basis for developing our mind, the source of all happiness - no tricks, no mysteries, no need to change our friends, our family, our work, our home; simply a willingness and desire to change our minds for the better.
About The Classes
- Everyone is welcome
- No previous experience needed
- Join a class anytime - all classes are self-contained so it won't matter if you miss one or miss the start of term
- No need to book - simply turn up on the night
- Attend all the classes or just drop-in when you can
- Class discount card and student discount available
- Available across 12 locations in West Devon and Cornwall (details below)
In this series of classes running across our branches in Devon and Cornwall, as well as those led by Ashoka Centre's Principal Teacher, Kadam Ben Seel, in Plymouth*, we'll be exploring wisdom and compassion and looking at how we can achieve the lasting, pure happiness we all desire and how to help others find it too.
* Applies to our Thursday evening classes at Ashoka Centre
"Happiness and suffering are states of mind and so their main causes are not to be found outside the mind".
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche
From the week commencing 16th April
In April and May, the classes will examine the tools we can use to train our mind to develop a loving and compassionate mind towards ourselves and others - the basis of achieving lasting and pure happiness:
- Wk 1: Why Meditate?
- Wk 2: Improving Compassion
- Wk 3: Taking Away Suffering
- Wk 4: Giving Love
- Wk 5: Taking & Giving on the Breath
- Wk 6: Supreme Good Heart
Where and When?
- We have classes across Devon and Cornwall and at Ashoka Centre in Plymouth - links below
- Terms start the week commencing 16th April and 4th June
- Term duration and class titles may vary across our branches
- Full details are on our website - links below
- Classes cost £6 each or purchase a discount card and get six classes for the price of 5, £30
- Students get 50% discount on these classes - student ID required on the door
- Ashoka Members - no charge
Download a Free e-Book
To accompany our classes you can download a free copy of "How To Transform Your Life", by contemporary Buddhist Master Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche.
Solve your own and others' problems... "Through practising the instructions presented in this book we can transform our life from a state of misery into one of pure and everlasting happiness. These instructions are scientific methods to improve our human nature. Everybody needs to be good-natured with a good heart, because in this way we can solve our own problems as well as those of others, and we can make our human life meaningful".