a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
The Soviet Union was a country that had a communist government.
an economic and social system in which all (or nearly all) property and resources are collectively owned by a classless society and not by individual citizens.
1. The word 'communism' is derived from the French word 'communisme' which originally was used to describe social situations as opposed to political or economic states.
2. Hunter-gatherer societies were considered to be early forms of communist societies. The Bible refers to a type of common ownership that some consider to have been a type of primitive communism.
3. Karl Marx is believed to be the founder of modern communism, and his theories have also been referred to as Marxism.
4. Within Karl Marx ideas about communism he believed these practices would remove social classes, money, and the state.
5. In theory communism would have put everyone on equal footing, but in practice communism allowed governments to control citizens because the fundamental basics were distorted.
6. Governments that have used Marxism as a basis for their politics have used their power to treat citizens poorly, controlling them and even killing them when necessary to keep those who opposed the government from rising up against them.
7. The first communist leader to come into power was Vladimir Lenin, following the 1917 Russian Revolution.
8. China became a communist country in 1949, and Cuba became communist in 1959. Vietnam became communist in 1975.
9. The types of communism that have been used by different leaders, countries, and groups include anarchist communism, anti-revisionism, Castroism, Council, Euro, Guevarism, Ho Chi Minh Thought, Juche, Left, Leninism, Luxemburgism, Marxism-Leninism, Christian Religious, Socialism with Chinese characteristics, Titoism, and Trotskyism.
10. The Cold War began when the Western Allies (United States and NATO allies) and the Eastern Bloc (Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact allies) became engaged in a power struggle that resulted in several crises such as the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. The struggle was essentially seen as a fight against communism by the Western Allies.
11. Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, Vietnam, and Laos are considered to be communist countries.
12. Communism has failed in practice because the governments have forgotten about the democratic aspect of the ideology which results in the splitting of social classes - which was communism wanted to abolish in the first place.
13. Communism in theory is a type of society where people are all equal. In reality it became a type of dictatorship as the fundamental basics of communism and removing social class became lost.
14. Some of the most famous communist leaders and activists in history include Vladimir Lenin, Fidel Castro, Raul Castro, Leon Trotsky, Pol Pot, Nikita Khrushchev, Kim Il-Sung, Imre Nagy, Jiang Zemin, Ho Chi-Minh, and Joseph Stalin.
15. In a communist society, private ownership is almost nonexistent; the government owns and controls property, education, agriculture and means of production. The idea of communism was first theorized by Karl Marx in 1848.
16. Communism in a nut shell: Assume there are three men. One has two units of a specific good, one has one unit of the same good, and another has no units of the good. The Communist Party would take one of the units from the first man and give it to the third man.
17. The color red is a symbol of communism around the world.
18. A red five-pointed star sometimes also stands for communism.
19. The hammer and sickle is a well known symbol of communism
20. A song called The Internationale was the international song of communism.
21. There is also a special kind of art and architecture found in many communist and former communist countries.
22. Communism is considered to be anti-capitalist; so basically the opposite of the U.S. government system.
23.The father of communism is Karl Marx. He was a philosopher and economic expert from German. Since in 1848, he writes a book Communist Manifesto about his concepts. Hence People call them communism.
24.The communist government ought to focus on the 10 important aspects based on the purpose of view of Karl Marx.
25.Hence let’s find some aspects of communism that should applied by the govt. there’s one central bank. The citizens don’t own a private property. When the citizens make more cash, the income tax are going to be higher. There’s no inheritance right.
26.Government has larger part to control the life of the citizens. Hence all facilities like education, transpiration, factories, agriculture, communication, farming, labor and regional planning are below the control of the govt.
27.Vladimir Lenin was the leader of the Bolshevik Party who applied communism in Russia. The present government was overthrown by Lenin during the October revolution in 1917.
28.Karl Marx perpetually wanted to en capitalism. He also thought of the system as the main supply of exploitation to workers. The sole path to deal with it’s through the ideology of communism or conjointly socialism. Hence, there are people who don’t agree with this ideology really.
29.There is industrial revolution when the age of capitalism began. It absolutely was in 18th century. By this era, the modern communism rose. Several protests grew. It’s related to the wages, manufacturing plant conditions and also hours of the working.
30.Although in world war II the Western Countries and Soviet Union has become ally to beat Germany. There was cold war in the way to widening the ideology of each countries. Even up to today, conflict still occurs.