Expanding the partnership to have Transplace manage the retailer’s inbound shipments has led to significant operational and cost savings improvements.
- Greater control over inbound shipments – By allowing Transplace to manage inbound shipments, the retailer was able to have greater control over its supply chain and which carriers and lanes were used.
- Improved transit time – By consolidating loads from multiple vendors and leveraging cross-docking capabilities, transit time was improved, carrier costs were reduced, and there was significantly less congestion at the retailer’s docks.
- Increased supply chain visibility – Leveraging Transplace’s logistics technology along with its reporting and analytics capabilities increase overall visibility of the retailer’s network and transportation spend. The retailer is now consistently able to see total costs by lane, location and carrier, and identify opportunities for continual improvement.
- Realized $2.1 million in annual bid savings – Having greater visibility of its network and being able to benchmark competitive rates, the retailer was able to achieve significant savings during procurement events.
- Significant overall cost savings – The retailer was able to realize significant savings by moving vendors from pre-paid to collect invoicing/billing system from their carriers. Additionally, by switching to collect, carriers are designated for shipping charges to be billed at the negotiated rate.
Confidence and Peace of Mind
- 98% on-time pick-up and delivery rate – Since assuming control of inbound shipments, the customer has consistently had a 98% performance rate for on-time pick-up and delivery.
- Stronger carrier relationships – With greater insight into carrier performance, each carrier is rated on their successful loads within each lane, and are rewarded when carriers meet and exceed expectations.