"The Weeknd." Gale Biography in Context, Gale, 2015. Biography in Context, link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1650009898/BIC1?u=lawr16325&xid=6d4501d3. Accessed 6 Mar. 2017.
7 facts about my artist:
- Born: February 16, 1990 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Other Names: Tesfaye, Abel; Tesfaye, Abel Makkonen
- Nationality: Canadian
- Occupation: Rhythm and blues singer
- The Weeknd, began his musical career in 2011 and rose to fame in 2013.
- The Weeknd win multiple awards in 2015 and He received Canadian music television's MuchMusic Video Awards for best pop video and video of the year as well as Juno Awards for artist of the year and R&B/soul recording of the year
- Occupation(s):songwriter, record, and producer.
- "I can't feel my face when I'm with you"-(hyperbole) :because fits exaggerating that being with "her"makes him feel some type of way.
- "And I know she would be the death of me, but at least we will both be numb"-(metaphor) :because it's comparing death to love,and you can tell his love for "her"is powerful.
My opinion of artist & why I choose this artist/poet? How do I identify with the artist/poet?
- In my opinion "the weeknd"is admirable/excellent writer because not only he writes his own music, but he also goes on stage and sings them too.
- I feel like I identify with "the weeknd",because in his music he expresses himself in some type if way. Not caring what others think of him or what they say.
Works cited page: