The Secret Annex
This is where Anne Frank and her family hid during the time of the Holocaust. Anne live here with her family and a couple other friends of theirs. After living in the Secret Annex for 2 years, Frank and her family got caught. They were then transferred to death camps where the whole family died except for her father, Otto Frank.
1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German or related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with a prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom.
The Nuremberg Law was meant to give people no rights. Also, they took away the Jews citizenship and to make them look like they had a disease. I don't like this law because it didn't allow people to marry who they wanted. Everyone that wasn't a Jew didn't revolt against Hitler's protest, but they just went along with it.
Propaganda is information that is biased and misleading. Many examples of propaganda are used in name calling. It was used by Hitler in the holocaust to make people believe he was during the right thing. It is used to influence people's attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors. Propaganda is used a lot in the media to spread ideas or information. It helps people send a message to others visually or silently. In World War II, it was a powerful force or all countries during this time.
Otto Frank was born on May 12, 1889. He was the leader of the group and was the person to calm everyone down. Mr. Frank was the person who made all the decisions for everyone. In 1925, he married Edith Holländer and had 2 kids, Margot and Anne. Also, he fought in World War I for the Germans.
Miep Gies was the secretary of Otto Frank's company, Opekta. She married Jan Gies in 1941. Later, she helped the Frank family hide in the Secret Annex. Miep played a big role in running errands for the Franks. She was the person who saved Anne Frank's Diary when the Franks left.
Edith Holländer was the mother of Anne and Margot Frank. Anne mentions in her diary that she didn't like her mom very much. Edith claimed that Anne was against everything she decided for the family. She was the wife of Otto Frank.
Margot was the most quiet out of everyone living in the Secret Annex. She got good grades at school and didn't talk to anyone. Margot wanted to be a maternity nurse when she grew up. Everyone wanted her to be quiet like Anne. Anne felt that everyone preferred Margot over her.
Act 1 Summary
Act 1 starts out with Mr Frank walking with Miep after the war. During the act, Anne has conflicts with everyone in the Secret Annex. She tries to like all of them but has lots of issues with the others. Everyone is missing their homes and are eager to get back to their normal lives instead of hiding from the Nazis,