If you are planning to switch from Mozilla Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook and looking for a reliable Thunderbird to Outlook migration tool then this tutorial will surely help you. Here, I am going to introduce the best MBOX to PST conversion tool which allows converting multiple Thunderbird mail folders to single PST or multiple PST files. Before moving on Thunderbird to Outlook migration process it is required to know why a user need to import Thunderbird messages into Outlook.
Why User Need to Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook?
- Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source desktop email client used to manage multiple personal as well as business email accounts. This is a free application so you cannot claim for any data loss.
- Mozilla thunderbird is less secure for business purpose compare to Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook provide wide range of features for business such as: contact and calendar managers.
- Thunderbird uses .mbox file type to store mail account data on your PC but this file is not accessible with Microsoft Outlook as result you need save MBOX files as PST format to migrate account from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Is there any Manual Technique to Convert from Mozilla Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook?
Yes, you can convert and import Thunderbird messages into Outlook with manual steps. But, converting thunderbird MBOX files to MS Outlook PST format manually is quite difficult and time consuming as it requires importing Thunderbird data into Eudora then export Eudora to Outlook Express after that you can import messages directly from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook. If you need to migrate multiple thunderbird mail folders to MS Outlook then this method will take a lot of time and efforts.
Is there any Thunderbird to Outlook Migration Software Available?
Yes, MailsDaddy MBOX to PST converter is the software that can be used to migrate account from Thunderbird to Outlook along with e-mail attachments. The software supports exporting multiple Thunderbird MBOX files to single as well as multiple PST files later you can open or import resulting PST files into MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 etc.
How to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook by using this Tool?
- Download, install and launch the MailsDaddy MBOX to PST converter on your PC.
- Search or Browse Thunderbird folders which you want to convert and add them to software.
- You can preview, search or save individual messages into EML, EMLX, MSG, RTF and HTML formats.
- Click on the Export button, select PST from Export option and choose other required options then click on the Export button.
General Queries Related to Thunderbird to Outlook Migration
Question: I have 20+ folders in my Thunderbird Email Account but when I go to default location “C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\profile_name\Mail\Local Folders” I found only two folders (Inbox and Trash). How can I get my all folders and convert them into a single PST file?
Ans: This is a very common query for Mozilla Thunderbird users. So I am telling you how to get all mail folders and convert them.
- In the very first step, download a free Add-on ImportExportTools for Thunderbird
- Install this Add-on on Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Go to Tools >> Add-ons >> Install Add-on from File >> Select importexporttools-184.108.40.206-sm+tb.xpi >> Open >> Install Now >> Restart Now
- Now Open Mozilla Thunderbird and Right click on Email Account from where you want to export all folders. >> ImportExportTools >> Export All the Folders
- Select a folder where you want to save all thunderbird folders
- In a few seconds you will get all folders inside the selected folder
Note: Rename these folders with .mbox extension (Like: Personal to Personal.mbox) and browse them with software to convert into PST format.
Find out all steps with snapshots here: http://www.mailsdaddy.com/mbox-to-pst-converter/thunderbird.php