weekly school News
1. We hope everybody has a great Labor Day weekend. We look forward to seeing everybody Tuesday morning.
2. #thankfulThursday: We appreciate the many comments already supplied. We would encourage you to keep sharing these kind comments by using the link below. A few shared comments from this week:
"Thank you to Mrs. Tilley and Mr. Fleming! My 4th grader is absolutely excited about school every day and is off to a great year! She is a completely different kid from last year, and I’m thankful for you both!"
"Mrs. Glant has gotten my boy excited about the 40 book challenge. A kid who usually argues about reading has already finished 4 books!"
3. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Kaden R., Owen K., Makenzie G., Lucas G., Kyndall G., and Izzy H.
4. PTO Boosterthon Fun Run: The students did a great job today in completing their laps, and we hope they had a little fun in the process. Thus far, we have raised $11,000 of our $15,000 goal. The Boosterthon company has allowed us to extend our pledge drive through next Friday morning at 8am. Students are still eligible for all prizes during this timeframe.
We are hopeful that we can still reach our goal with this extension. Please keep in mind that funds raised go back to your child in the form of materials for the classroom, to help offset field trip transportation costs as well as to support events such as grandparents day and family nights hosted throughout the year.
5. BOSS Program: Social skills are not always natural or automatic for children. BOSS can help!
"I have a student who participates in the BOSS program. I have noticed a change in her coping mechanisms. She will ask to take breaks when necessary to maintain focus and reduce frustration and anxiety. She self-advocates and has made strides to improve her attitude."
This is a quote from a Maxwell teacher after her student attended the BOSS (Building Our Social Skills) program last year! This program is held at MIS on Wednesdays from 2:15-3:25. Snacks are provided and... There are SCHOLARSHIPS available!
Please contact Ms. Joslin (4th grade MIS resource teacher) with questions.
6. Book Fair Volunteers Needed: Mrs. Elsbury is still looking for volunteers to help during the fall Book Fair (September 9th-13th). If you are interested or have further questions regarding volunteering, please contact Mrs. Elsbury at 317-326-3121 or via email at email@example.com. Please remember that you must have a background check on file to help. All money raised during this event goes directly back to our library to support our students.
Family Night at the Book Fair: Tuesday, September 10th - 6:00-8:00pm
7. Family Literacy Night (Click for more information): Tuesday, September 10th - 6:30-7:30pm
8. Immunization Reminder: September 20th has been set as our corporation exclusion date for students without required immunizations. If your child is not appropriately vaccinated, they will not be permitted to attend school until updated shot records are provided.
9. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS