This meet is a great opportunity to swim fast in early January. We're planning on thawing out with some fast swims! It's a prelims/finals meet for 13 and overs and a timed finals meet for 12 and unders. Traditionally this is a large meet with many athletes from across the southeast competing. We're excited for the opportunity to see how we stack up!
Location: Allan Jones Intercollegiate Aquatic Center, University of Tennessee 2200 Andy Holt Avenue, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
- Friday: All Age Groups: 4:30pm
- 13 and overs - Saturday/Sunday: 6:30am for Prelims. 3:45pm for Finals.
- 12 and Unders - Saturday/Sunday: 11:45am
- Comfort Inn and Suites 5466 Central Avenue Pike, Knoxville, TN 37912
- (865) 342-0373
- Reservation code: SMAC
- Friday - White Shirt, Pink Cap
- Saturday - Black Shirt, Black Cap
- Sunday - Pink Shirt or Banjo Shirt, Pink Cap
- Suits - TECH SUITS if you have them.
Heat sheets will be posted online! They'll also be available for sale at the meet for $5 per session. They'll also be updating results on meet mobile.
- All 13 and over events are Prelim/Finals. 12 and Unders are timed finals. There is an A and B final for 13-14 athletes and an A, B, C athlete for the Open age group.
- The meet will be run in two separate pools.
- The only events Friday are the 12 and Under 200 IM, and the 13 and over 400 IM and 500 FR.
- Sunday Finals are positive check in. If an athlete or coach does not positively check in and tell the clerk of course that they are swimming in the finals session Sunday, they will be scratched from the session.
- Time Trials are available at the discretion of the Meet Ref.
- Any swimmer qualifying for a consolation final or final race in an individual event who fails to compete in said consolation final or final race shall be barred from further competition for the remainder of the meet.
Allan Jones Aquatic Center doors will open at 6:15am
Parking will be FREE. Parking will be located at the Kingston Pike Building, 2309 Kingston Pike, next to Tyson Park. Shuttle buses will run from the parking area to the facility. You may also meter park on Volunteer Ave. at available meters. If you choose to not park at the designated areas you are parking at your own risk and could be subjected to being towed.
THERE IS NO PARKING AT WALMART OR PUBLIX
Other Key Information
- Families will sit in the stands and are not allowed on deck unless working. Feel free to bring sleeping bags/blankets, chairs, and items to occupy your swimmer when not in the pool, these items are allowed on the pool deck only, not in the stands. Coolers are allowed on the pool deck, not in the stands. There will be a concession stand to purchase drinks and snacks. There is no running or throwing of balls (or any other object) in the building.
- Swim and Tri will be present for any purchasing needs.
- Fine Designs will have meet t-shirts, and sweatshirts for sale.
- Seating - we have grand stand seating upstairs. Down stairs there will be bleachers for swimmers and coaches only to sit on deck.
- Pictures during the races: The officials have asked that no flash photography be used during the races as a flash start is used.
- Use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms, or on deck.
TIME TO GET PUMPED!
After a fantastic few weeks of Christmas training, Knoxville is upon us. It's almost time to race. This week and next, we'll be really focusing in on the details, honing streamlines and getting prepped for the meet. Each practice counts and we're going to make the most of them. LET'S GET READY TO ROCK!