MIS STUDENT RECOGNITION
Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Delaney K., Chloe K., Daniel J., Kamarina D., Katie T., Lilly P., & Max R.
MIS students are spreading kindness and positivity through being a Bucket Filler. What have you done today to fill someone’s “bucket?” #bucketfiller #kindnessmatters #Proud2bMIS
ISSMA Solo and Ensemble Contest
Last Saturday at the District Solo and Ensemble contest, several of our band students performed alone for the first time. They had HUGE success and were overall ROCKSTARS!
Sixteen students received either Gold or Silver ratings. This is a great accomplishment for these young musicians and for all of GC!
Gold Ratings: Addisyn R. (Clarinet), Autumn J. (Clarinet), Bailey P. (Trombone), Claire G. (Trumpet), Emma S. (Trombone), Hannah J. (Baritone), Joe P. (Horn), Julian A. (Oboe), Landon E. (Clarinet), Lorelei S. (Trumpet), Mason M. (Horn), Peyton C. (Trumpet), Zach W. (Horn)
Silver Ratings: Alexandria K. (Horn), Joey D. (Flute), Kayleigh L. (Clarinet)
weekly school News
1. #thankfulThursday: The office staff would like your help in recognizing our staff. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of positive comments already submitted:
"Mrs. Proper has been sooooo great at communicating about this big project the students are working on. There is really NOTHING left to question, but I've still found questions to ask. She has been patient and swift with her responses."
"I am thankful for Mrs. Husted, my daughter has some social/emotional struggles but her teacher always tells her she is smart, speaks positively to her and doesn’t freak out or over punish her if she has a little meltdown, she redirects her and moves on. So, thank you Mrs. Husted for your kindness and for talking her through her little hiccups and rough moments, we appreciate you!"
2. Hancock County Children's Theater: Students currently in grades 4 through 8 are invited to apply for the 2020 Children's Theater Workshop. This year's show will be "Rockin' Robin Hood", an exciting take on the original legend of Robin Hood. The workshop will be held at Greenfield-Central High School. The performances will be in the GCHS auditorium. Classes will begin June 2nd, 2020 and continue through June 26th, 2020. The workshop meets from 8:30am-11:30am, Monday-Friday.
If your child is interested in acting, singing, dancing, art or theater tech, be sure to have him/her pick up an application from his/her music or art teacher. Applications are due by March 3rd.
3."Pennies for Patients": Student Council is sponsoring the "Pennies for Patients" to help raise funds to fight cancer. This will occur the week of February 10th. To make an online donation, please visit: www.penniesforpatients.org.
Monday- (donation of pennies): From Diagnosis to Cure- Wear orange or green to show you support the fight against Leukemia and Lymphoma.
Tuesday- (donation of nickels): Shine Bright to Fight Cancer- wear your sunglasses and brightest clothes.
Wednesday- (donation of dimes): WE Fight Cancer- wear your camo gear
Thursday- (donation of quarters): Superheroes Help Fight Cancer- dress up like your favorite superhero
Friday- (donation of dollars): Hats off to Leukemia- wear a hat
4. Dine to Donate: The MIS Archaeology Club is hosting a Dine to Donate event at the Greenfield Dairy Queen on Tuesday, February 11th, from 5pm to 8pm. Please join the club to help them raise funds.
5. Boys/Girls Club After School Care (IMPORTANT UPDATE) : We have been informed that on Tuesday, February 11th the Boys/Girls Club will be closed for staff training. Please be sure to change your child's after school destination in School Dismissal Manager (See #12 below for details on how to do this).
6. AskRose Homework Help: Trained Rose-Hulman tutors provide free help to students in math and science. This support is available Sunday-Thursday, 7pm to 10pm (877-Ask-Rose).
7. 6th Grade Choir Reminder:
Rehearsal Dates: February 13th, 20th and 26th.
All rehearsals are from 2:15 - 3:15.
8. 2019-20 Yearbook Information: The Maxwell Intermediate School yearbook is now on sale! Cost for the yearbook is $18 (personalization can also be added for an additional fee). To order online, go to ybpay.lifetouch.com and use the code 10768420. Please be sure to order your book by the deadline: March 13th, 2020. Just enough books are ordered to cover the request submitted and extras are not guaranteed. Don’t miss out on your child’s memories.
If you have any question, please reach out to Mrs. Hall at email@example.com
9. Schoolstore.com: Our school will be participating in the SchoolStore program this year. This online program helps our school earn cash without students selling door-to-door, collecting money or delivering products. Over 400 merchants, including Target and WalMart.com, have joined together to offer up to 50% of sales to our school for shopping through SchoolStore.com.
You shop online for what you are planning to purchase anyway and support our school. Simply go to www.schoolstore.com, select our school (School code: 8981) and let the shopping begin!! Feel free to share with family members and friends.
10. School Safety: A critical ingredient in the safe school recipe is the classroom response to an incident at school. Weather events, fire, accidents, intruders and other threats to student safety are scenarios that are planned and trained for by students, teachers, staff and administration.
Standard Response Protocol: Our school has expanded the safety program to include the Standard Response Protocol - Extended (SRPx). The SRPx is based on these five actions: Lockout, Lockdown, Evacuate, Shelter and Hold.
Please take a moment to review these actions. More information regarding this topic can be found at http://iloveuguys.org
11. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
12. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS