While working for Lansing City I was tasked with branding. Branding included, apparel design, marketing, and advertising. I was on the head design team that launched the Summer 2018 Apparel line. I also helped with game day operations.
The Michigan Senate
Here is a list of tasks I completed during my internship...
- Read bills and wrote 4 professional summaries
- Wrote six tributes
- Wrote 4 Co-Sponsor Memos for a 4 bills
- Read 4 bills and write analysis for them
- Wrote 5 constituent responses (letter and email)
- Wrote 4 press releases
- Researched and wrote an Issue Brief
- Researched and wrote 5 topics for a E-newsletter
- Research project - Medical Marijuana tax revenue breakdown
- Research project- Wayne County Veterans Information Verification
- Research project- District 7 School Database
- Created Wayne County Veterans Brochure
- Handled many unexpected issues
- Handled Scheduling - learned ins and outs
- Worked on daily tasks, phone etiquette, digitizing constituent materials/resource
- Delivered important documents and tributes to other government offices in Lansing
- Wrote a daily agenda for session for Senator Colbeck and went over it with him in a meeting
- Received Formal and Professional Office Orientation- Went over intern manual, orientation of office, Senate floor rules, introduction to sergeants, fellow 3rd floor offices, taught the basics, inserted contact information into recall roster, uploaded work schedule into Intern outlook calendar
- Received Formal IQ Database Training
- Received Badge and Parking Permit
- Reviewed/Explained Senator Colbeck’s Position
- Misc. Office Functions – Labeled Pamphlets, Filed Paperwork, Began Digitization project on paperwork, and anything else needed
- Watched Senate Sessions – Sat in the gallery and watched sessions of senate
- Attended a Committee Meeting
- Came up with content for Senator's FB page/Twitter
- Attended multiple conferences
- Helped organize the largest Memorial Day Service in Michigan and worked as head of registration for it
- Created a website for this same Memorial Day Service
- Attended over 20 professional luncheons
- Attended multiple professional workshops
- Helped organize tours of the Michigan Capitol and Senate Building
- Attended office sponsored events such as Gun Day on the Lawn
No Lines- Custom Activewear
At Shoe Sensation in Findlay, Ohio I was one of the lead sales associates. I would often lead in total shoes sold and money generated. My stay working here was not long, but I gained much needed sales experience along with customer skills. Although I encountered customers before, I never had to be immersed in a busy store for eight hours at a time before. I became very comfortable in communicating with customers which led me to be one of the top salesmen.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Women's Education and Contraceptives (WEC)
I designed the WEC webpage using Piktochart. The webpage shows our goals, programming, background information, and our expected outcome. I learned how to use Piktochart in order to make this page and now am confident in my ability to use this resource in the future. We were told our Piktochart webpage brochure was one of the reasons our group received so much funding.
There are many more articles for College Sports Madness. Please feel free to redirect to my Online Writing Portfolio to view all of my published articles.
College Hoops Daily
There are many more articles for College Hoops Daily. Please feel free to redirect to my Online Writing Portfolio to view all of my published articles.