Camera design and construction.
- Based on your chosen design source and bring to class materials for your camera body.
- Either (a) lightproof the interiors of cans or boxes with black paint ensuring complete coverage of the inner surface or (b) assemble pre-painted and cut balsa wood panels or (c) cut and assemble cut black foam core.
- Check the stability of glued joints and seal all the outer joins with black tape and check for any light leaks for cameras assembled from balsa or foam core.
- Using either a 1/4 inch drill bit or awl students with cameras made from cans cut an opening in the centre of the camera body.
- Students with box cameras use a safety blade to cut a 1 inch square opening in the centre of the front panel.
- Cut foil to fit over opening in camera body.
- Pierce foil with No10 needle and fit foil to camera body.
- Make and fit shutter to camera body.